Weather on the way...

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
This forecast is starting to suck (see map above), could be the biggest storm of the year with 8 to 10 inches. And it doesn't seem warm or rainy enough to melt the stuff that's already on the ground. :(

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
That's not cool. I just got down to the Carranza Memorial on Sat. Carranza Road is sheet ice and the side roads are chunked up frozen ice, no liquid anywhere. I was afraid for my side walls.. I'm putting the tractor in the garage.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Ruh, Roh

Forecast
StormTotalSnowRange.png

Potential
SnowAmt90Prcntl.png

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
What is the "Potential" trying to tell us??

Look at the three images in the middle of this page: http://www.weather.gov/phi/winter

Minimum Potential Accumulation
Expect at least this much. This is what we see as the least amount of snow the storm can produce.
The range between maximum and minimum typically shrinks as the storm nears, and the outcome becomes more certain. "Most Likely" (the forecast) will remain between the two.

This information is for advance planning ahead of the storm. It is provided out as far as three days. However, when the snow starts to fall, this will be discontinued to focus on the forecast snow amount.

Most Likely Accumulation
Represents our official snow forecast in inches within the next one to two days. The snowfall amounts are provided in ranges (1-2", 2-4", etc.).

Maximum Potential Accumulation
What you should be prepared for. This is what we see as the storm's maximum potential snowfall accumulation.
The range between maximum and minimum typically shrinks as the storm nears, and the outcome becomes more certain. "Most Likely" (the forecast) will remain between the two.

This information is for advance planning ahead of the storm. It is provided out as far as three days. However, when the snow starts to fall, this will be discontinued to focus on the forecast snow amount.

Reactions: 46er

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looks like they had the timing wrong for the start of it but the snow is getting close it appears. Still 37 degrees here at 5AM.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Sleet here with a light covering, 36F. Forecast now says snow starting after 9am, total snow today and tonight 4-9".

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Nothing but a rainy drizzle here, forecast says the change to snow won't happen until 1:00 PM. Lots of puddles from all the melted snow, that could be a mess when the temperature drops tonight.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Just got done snow blowing. We have at least 6 and maybe more. It snowed an inch from the time I got out there until I got done.