What Globalpbs can do about pine beetles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluelinerx

Global PBS can help save Billions of dollars each year where valuable assets are being damaged or destroyed by harmful pests. We will do this by facilitating “early detection” and early treatment which will stimulate new loss prevention strategies by pest management professionals that will make them better stewards of our environment.
We invented a Polymodal Biological Sensor (PBS)*that can be deployed worldwide to detect the presence of harmful or dangerous pests. Our environmentally green system combines deployed sensor technology, data collection and communications nodes and a target verification program managed by our Global Learning System (GLS).
Our system locates targeted pests within a few feet of a deployed sensor anywhere in the world with a high level of confidence. The system automatically alerts a local pest management professional (PMP) of the pest type and location so appropriate control measures can be taken when needed and at the exact location of the intrusion. This method uses far less pesticides than today’s best method practices (BMP).
Our Technology offers 3 main Benefits:
It identifies pests before they can cause major damage. This Plan considers engineering our sensors to detect pests in several initial markets - further explained herein. However, we are prepared to expand the system to detect nearly “anything” biological.
It greatly reduces the use of pesticides which only need to be used when and where a pest is present.
Our system can anticipate the arrival of pests. The GLS knowledgebase archives can be combined with predictive modeling to forecast arrival of seasonal pests to further mitigate damage.The cornerstone of the system is the Polymodal Biological Sensor (PBS). It’s “polymodal” configuration detects targets using various biometrics; in the scope of this business plan we begin with talking about using methods such as acoustic and chemical signatures. However, many different sensory methods can be employed depending on which is most appropriate for each target. A polymodal sensor is much more effective and reliable that traditional single mode, dual-mode, or multi-mode methods by virtue of the multiple and simultaneous, but different biometric sensory methods.
Our proprietary Global Learning System (GLS) algorithms require that a target be detected by more than one method in a single sensor node (or node-set) to be reported as valid. That “begins” our confidence level for detections at a very high percentage range and the artificial intelligence component of the GLS “learns” not to make the same mistake twice.
The Global Learning System (GLS) includes the operating software, appropriate communications links (e.g. internet, cell towers, land lines, RFID extraction, or LOE satellites). A global knowledgebase archives the detection results from every deployed sensor node - worldwide. It uses historical data in the knowledgebase to make decisions about how to adjust threshold parameters of deployed sensor detections to account for changing climate and other environmental factors thus keeping the system operating at peak performance. A big benefit of our system comes from the GLS by way of automated early detection “notification” to a local pest management professional (PMP) who can quickly tend to the pest intrusion.

Forestry (Mountain Pine Beetles) – Large areas of the American North West and Canadian Pine Forests are being decimated by Mountain Pine beetles. These insects have nearly a year infestation period before the infected trees finally die and reveal the presence of the insects. We propose a sensor that will offer detection “months” earlier than current methods. We have also proposed two additional components for this Project that can “attract” the Beetles to a central location for further management or “steer” them away from high value assets (e.g. City parks and recreation areas). This can save companies (and Governments) money by enhancing current best method practices (BMP) and identify forest stands where beetles have arrived and should be harvested before damage occurs.

B

bluelinerx

not spam at all, we are committed to pesticide reduction, and the environment. the vast amount of research that i have done in regards to the pine beetle and the devastation it causes has led me to reach out to let people know that there is a solution to this problem. i can't tell you the numerous government agencies that i have contacted in response to this problem. it seems to me that the people facing this problem would rather talk about this epidemic than do something now to start solving this issue.

B

bluelinerx

the individual sensors can be programmed to detect the pine beetle by sound or smell, and can be deployed in as big an area as you want. they have a life span of three to five years, and are not affected by climate conditions.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
How species-specific is this sensor? Not really clear on how it works or what it is. What does it look like, and how do you set one up? Is this an expensive piece of equipment?

B

bluelinerx

it can be programmed to detect individual pests, nearly anything biological, and it is about the size of a dime. and just for example, we will develope a sensor for termites. these sensors will be deployed in ones house by a pest management company and at the first sign of activity the pest management company will be alerted via satalite as to the exact location of the pest, and thus treated.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
We "will" do this......which "will" stimulate....that "will" make them better stewards.......We invented "a" Polymodal Biological Sensor that can be deployed worldwide.......in the scope of this business plan we "begin" with talking about using methods such as acoustic and chemical signatures.

Come back in 50-75 years. You then 'may' be able to detect a termite and send a signal out to Terminex (a crooked company), who will come out to my house and demand $300 to relieve me of this one pest--if they can find it.

You have come to the wrong place looking for venture capital money. Go see Citibank. Oh wait...on second thought, don't go there--they are fresh out.

B

bluelinerx

Come back in 50-75 years. You then 'may' be able to detect a termite and send a signal out to Terminex (a crooked company), who will come out to my house and demand $300 to relieve me of this one pest--if they can find it.

You have come to the wrong place looking for venture capital money. Go see Citibank. Oh wait...on second thought, don't go there--they are fresh out.

DO YOU THINK I WOULD COME HERE ASKING FOR MONEY! WE HAVE THE FUNDING WE NEED. YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO YOUR "STILL" IN THE WOODS AND TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE TREES AND ENJOY THEM WHILE YOU CAN.
venture capital money, thats a good one!!

B

bluelinerx

each species has it's own chemical signiture, and the sound signiture is unique as well.

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
sounds like a great idea that the local environmental agencies can't afford to act on. but here's a question . . . what are these things made of? They clearly require some sort of power source - what happens in 30 years when thousands of tiny batteries from thousands of abandoned dead sensors eventually crack and leach in to the groundwater?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO YOUR "STILL" IN THE WOODS AND TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE TREES AND ENJOY THEM WHILE YOU CAN.

Nice attitude from a new member on the site. Good luck peddling your wares. I looked at your site and couldn't find any "real" information there, just things like this

How the System works for pests: When Sensors detect a targeted pest the Global Learning System (GLS) in the operation center communicates immediately to the local pest management affiliate so they can quickly perform "spot" pest control measures.

What exactly is it that you want from us?

B

bluelinerx

Nice attitude from a new member on the site. Good luck peddling your wares. I looked at your site and couldn't find any "real" information there, just things like this

What exactly is it that you want from us?

I do not want anything from you, and never will. my goal is to reach out to people to let them know that there is a solution to these issues. this is real technology that is aimed at reducing pesticide use, and saving money and resources. this isn't something that will happen in 50 to 75 years, it is here today. and you talk about having a good attitude, what am i to think about comments like "peddle your wares" and "You have come to the wrong place looking for venture capital money. Go see Citibank. Oh wait...on second thought, don't go there--they are fresh out." real funny! it seems to me that my attempt at sharing some helpful information is futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.