Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was hoping someone saw that. I only know of Winfield of Pemberton. I have not searched but it has to be a brother or dad or some other relative.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This is an interesting landmark I found tonight just flying around the aerials. Can anyone tell where it is and the history?

1728611479546.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Ed,

Just got home from the area's in question. The photo of yours showing the one deeply embedded in the tree is the one I took a photo of and posted in post 2,351. I never took cords of it when I took the photo years ago. I have been looking for it but felt it was further down the road.. So your photo between the gun club and the pond is the same location as my photo. Your cords are slightly off but I will correct them when I post a little later.

img_5220a-jpeg.23456

MuckSavage .... the sign across from Dutchtown on 206 is no longer there. I looked today and there was some sort of what appears to be a chainsaw mark in the tree right above where it was and the sign has been removed. But the cut was not deep so I don't know if that helped them get it out or not. I will post photos later.

Ed again ... I traveled East Stokes today and did not see your sign. I did not pass the houses on East Stokes and only traveled a mile or so east of Hampton Road.

Reactions: MuckSavage

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I did not say you needed to post the location. You mentioned East Stokes so I thought it was on that road so we drove it today.
As mentioned above we visited the smaller sign on the road from the backstop to the pond. As mentioned above it is the sign I was looking for.

2005 and today. Give it 25 years and the sign may be fully inside the tree.

IMG_0491b.jpg

This is the encased stone for one of the corners of the Pine Crest Buck club. The fire really cleared it away. Inside is a stone flush with the ground. I am uncertain when this occurred as all of the deeds make no mention of anything except for the stone. I looked for a date or any writing at all but did not see anything.

IMG_0498a.jpg

Here is the other corner of the Pine Crest Buck Club. This is more remote and hard to find even with my GPS. What interests me with this one is there are two stones in it as well as a pipe between them. I have reason to believe this location is the corner of a failed development called Luna Terrace. I have spent a year looking over aerials and measuring distances to see if I could find the other three stones. I have to do more research on this one.

You can see the pipe and the larger stone to the right of it, but the smaller one to the left of the pipe is flush with the ground. And the encasement that goes around it like the one above appears to be partially missing.

IMG_0493a.jpg

And on the way home we stopped at Deep Run.

IMG_0504a.jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was really smoky in the woods near Apple Pie Hill early this morning from the fire in Medford. By 9AM a light breeze picked up and it was gone.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I did not say you needed to post the location. You mentioned East Stokes so I thought it was on that road so we drove it today.
As mentioned above we visited the smaller sign on the road from the backstop to the pond. As mentioned above it is the sign I was looking for.

2005 and today. Give it 25 years and the sign may be fully inside the tree.

View attachment 23504

This is the encased stone for one of the corners of the Pine Crest Buck club. The fire really cleared it away. Inside is a stone flush with the ground. I am uncertain when this occurred as all of the deeds make no mention of anything except for the stone. I looked for a date or any writing at all but did not see anything.

View attachment 23505

Here is the other corner of the Pine Crest Buck Club. This is more remote and hard to find even with my GPS. What interests me with this one is there are two stones in it as well as a pipe between them. I have reason to believe this location is the corner of a failed development called Luna Terrace. I have spent a year looking over aerials and measuring distances to see if I could find the other three stones. I have to do more research on this one.

You can see the pipe and the larger stone to the right of it, but the smaller one to the left of the pipe is flush with the ground. And the encasement that goes around it like the one above appears to be partially missing.

View attachment 23506

And on the way home we stopped at Deep Run.

View attachment 23507
What happened? Dam washed out? There are plenty of beaver there,are they slacking?