Where is this?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
We have a winner ! Good job Bob.
Now you have piqued my interest to investigate the location of your guess in post 881. It will be interesting to see if there are similar construction techniques or to see if there is anything there at all. I will try to get there this week.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Interesting! I was bouncing back and forth between the 1930 aerials and 2007 aerials, keeping in mind that it would be faint on a map of today, but prominent back then. Another criteria was that it had to have cedar and a more or less of a straight run. And definitely closer to where you lived. I just got a sense on that criteria.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
And...where is this?

Kurtbackyard.PNG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We have a winner ! Good job Bob.
Now you have piqued my interest to investigate the location of your guess in post 881. It will be interesting to see if there are similar construction techniques or to see if there is anything there at all. I will try to get there this week.

I wonder how old that bridge is? It is outside the property owned by Andrew Rider and I don't believe it was on Rockwood property. So more than likely someone else built it which may have been the Wharton estate. It is unusual that it was quite well built.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That road appears to be a main route from the south side of the Rider Bogs to Parkdale. I bet cranberry vehicles went across there and it had to be sturdy.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
That road appears to be a main route from the south side of the Rider Bogs to Parkdale. I bet cranberry vehicles went across there and it had to be sturdy.
Would loved to have walked that road in 1930.
I am probably not going to make it back to the other bridge that Bob spotted this week. I will let you know when I do.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We should check other spots in that area. Remember that one bridge we found on the brier packed hike....that was interesting. And this one is not far away.

IMG_5067a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Does the owner have the last name as me? Ed may be correct.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Guy, Ed; you are thinking of the Birches? Seems not, as that location has more cedar, unless the photo was taken at an angle I'm not used to seeing.

Maybe Double Trouble?