Where is this?

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
Nice information Don. Thanks! Here is the 1963 aerial showing it. I assume I have the correct building of the two. Both are still there today I see except the one I circled is bigger.

1963.jpg

Yea Guy, that's the one. Actually it was built for the farm labor. The club only used it in deer season.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Whoa! They were real men to bring those I-beams back there, wherever that is. If it was not for erosion, they'd last another 100 years. Is that a lump of concrete with aggregate embedded on the right far side?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
The decking is not nearly as old as the rest of the bridge. It looks like it was laid on only two of the beams to allow people and/or motorcycles to get over the creek.

Yes Bob, there are concrete abutments on each side to carry the beams. The beams are fairly light duty, not as heavy as you would imagine. There are 5 beams so the loads were well distributed.

I kind of surprised myself when I found this bridge because I had been in the general area many times over the last 30 years and never went down this one path.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
I can say I have no clue. Most things I see on this thread I know I have seen them but remembering where is the key. This one I have never seen or at least don't remember seeing. This is one of the reasons why I love this thread.

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't see that Bob. It is in the Albertson Brook, Maple Island, Chew Road area of the woods.