Pines; Bamber area
Where is this (exactly)?

trtrcks.JPG

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Interesting. I suppose some are replacement rails?

I get kind of sad thinking of the wasted opportunity by not reviving that railroad. Funding aside, it would be great to see that run again, if only on the weekend for dinner excursions etc.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I get kind of sad thinking of the wasted opportunity by not reviving that railroad. Funding aside, it would be great to see that run again, if only on the weekend for dinner excursions etc.

Imagine the noise and the whistle of a steam engine through the pines! I would take a trip from Atsion to Chatsworth for dinner or on the holidays to have hot cocoa with Santa. It would be nice.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
The bridge had been replaced at least once, as well as the one at Atsion. When kayaking under them the old sawn off pilings can be seen.
I explored a bit today. Since I noticed some rails worn much more the others. I checked the dates on them all. They all seemed to be of the same age relitvely. 1913 and 1917. They must have just worn differently.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I went back and checked most of the previous posts. I don't think this one asked yet.

image.jpg
And one looking the other direction with my copilot. Note the RR spike that he found that he wouldn't put down.
image.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We would go there often and eat lunch. Easy to get to but remote enough to not have to deal with anyone.

Reactions: smoke_jumper