Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Easy one. We did a PBX hike there and visited the ruins of mosser Selah Bowker's home.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Because I know where Governors Hill is. That narrowed it down to the area.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica heading to the building on the map. Unfortunately, it is now gone.

jessica.jpg

governor.PNG

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob,
That location is along side Rt 70 just outside of Whiting. Do you have any information about the yards?

Very good Gibby! I know almost nothing, but I have found an area of previous habitation there along the tracks, including man-made holes and a dump (if memory serves me). There are several high spots there, on one you can see the Lakehurst hangers in the distance.

PS: how did you get this location?

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Very cool Gibby. I was at that spot in your link just once, I should revisit. We were on the PBX trip "Wrestling with the Wrangle".

Did you live in this area at one time?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have always wanted to check out Wrangle brook and have never done it.I don't get up that far often.Is it a muddy bottom blackwater creek like the Tulpe? Or is it a clear water sand and gravel bottom stream like the Cedar Creek?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
It is so depressing when I scan the maps of that area.I look at the topo and all I see is forever green with woods,swamps and creeks galore to explore and then I go to the aerials and I see most of it has been either developed or turned into gravel pits,airstrips and the like.Looks like they really raked that area over right before the pines were protected.I still see some nice woods left but the topos are very misleading up there.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have always wanted to check out Wrangle brook and have never done it.I don't get up that far often.Is it a muddy bottom blackwater creek like the Tulpe? Or is it a clear water sand and gravel bottom stream like the Cedar Creek?

It is more like the Cedar Al. But not as clear, more of a darker tint. And, since it's closer to civilization, I do think the PH has been affected. Come on up and we'll check it out.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I may be getting some time off from work and will take you up on that.I"ll know by the end of today or maybe Monday.Nothing serious,just an eye problem and driving at night is risky till the doc fixes it.says it's a one minute laser job and I"ll be good as new.

BarryTimony

Jan 15, 2016
Forked River
Sorry I know this isn't in the right place but for some reason I cannot make my own post on here (I'm new to the forums so not too sure how everything works) but does anybody know where there are 2 abandoned houses or buildings near mount misery road where there is graffiti and one of the pieces of graffiti is a penguin? Sorry I have no pictures and if anybody knows what I'm talking about does anybody have directions to get there