Where is this?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Just south of new Gretna? First exit northbound once you pass over the Mullica?

I think you are right. Didn't they dig a huge hole to get fill for the bridge work or something, then provided a fishing dock for the public?

docku.PNG

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
We launched our boat at the end of the road at the ramp near the house all my childhood. That metal pier has been there forever. That was the first time I actually have ever been on it a few weeks ago.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
We launched our boat at the end of the road at the ramp near the house all my childhood. That metal pier has been there forever. That was the first time I actually have ever been on it a few weeks ago.

This is the 1995 aerial shot. I don't see it. Maybe hidden by the landscape?

amass.PNG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was pretty confident where it was but your photo makes that building look much closer to the wet area than it actually is. I have not been at the exact location your photo is taken from since I believe it is underwater quite often.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hmmm, no takers on the last one? It used to be unblemished sand piles with a large field next to them. The field used to be blocked off by a very, very large metal gate that they destroyed completely (who they is, is up for debate).