Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Much closer but still not correct. I will give a clue to get you in the proper "general" area.

I complained about this bridge being in bad shape and it is now patched up. If you can remember where I was complaining about or recognize the bridge you have a "semi close" hint.

IMG_0586b.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I am at a loss. Must have been someone in the bushes listening to you complain.They took one look at the size of me and figured yeah your right.That big bastards gonna fall through that if we don't fix it up soon:)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is the bridge! Now where was the other photo taken? Just remember it is in the "general" area of the Buck Run bridge.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You are getting closer. Your pond is half in the Oswego Gun Club property that is jointly owned by NJCF, the Feds and others. Years ago it was called Mick's Place.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Teegate,

your first picture is of the Beaver branch from Calico. I have always thought that was the upper reservoir for Cutts bogs. If you look closely you can see the remains of a canal leading from there, crossing the road and then heading to the existing cranberry bogs

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is a photo from the same location showing Lost Town Hunter and bobpbx. We spent the day lost town exploring and a little botanizing.

Taken with my phone.

IMG_0075a.jpg

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Gibby gets it and I was the one on the trip! Geesh! My memory ain't what it used to be.I don't remember any monument at Calico but i do remember hunting for a stone maybe a hundred yards north of calico and there were absolutely no clues at all since it was a very old lost stone and we were about to leave and you lucked out with your stick and hit it just before we walked away.It was large and flat lying on it's side just under the surface maybe an inch.