Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy, do you want to reveal the place in 1589 or provide another clue?

I was waiting like Bob does. I usually push the button earlier but decided to change my ways. In any event, a short clue.

It is in Camden County; however, if you walk to the gate and look left you could yell to someone in Atlantic County.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Where is this? Might be an easy one for some.

IMG_2921a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I assume you mean 1859??? In any event, no matter which one you are referring to the answer is incorrect.

Another hint for 1859. It is a blueberry farm property. For years they did not cut their Camden County property. I have to assume that maybe there was some reason they couldn't. But now they are starting to cut. So the area in front of the gate will eventually be all blueberries. How they are going to keep people from easily getting to them may be a concern for them in my mine. It is remote.

And the pipes in the stream. The reason why I strongly suggested that Al try again is he is oh so close.

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
As for the 1859, I believe it's at the marker on the attached. I was looking at this one earlier on different years maps, and I notice this area was cut and not cut.

https://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.706223003918446&lng=-74.76175803344728&z=15&type=topo&gpx=

For 1602, it is in the Forked Rive Mountain area that I never explored. It is on the road of Al's guess where the Factory Branch or the North Branch Forked River crosses. If it is not that, it could be where the Middle Branch or South Branch Forked River crosses the utility road that come down from Lacey Rd along the GSPW.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
As for 1859 you have the correct property, now point to the site my photo was taken at. That should be easy.

As for the FRM area you need to pick one and show me where.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is interesting to note the property behind the gate was in 1876 owned by Lloyd W. Bickley and his wife Hannah. They sold it to Anna R. Miller on November 1, of that year. Bickley's father's real name was Lloyd Wharton , son of Kearney Wharton and Maria Salter. You should recognize the Salter name from Salter's ditch. Lloyd inherited the Bickely estate so he changed his name to Lloyd W. (Wharton) Bickley. Bickley married Margaret A. Howell and they had 4 children Their oldest son also named Lloyd W. Bickley married a Miller. So the sale in 1876 was between family.

I am still trying to figure this all out.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
i dont know how to post the coordinates but those pipes are on the tuckerton railroad a bit south of where the wood poles turn towards the parkway. If you continue down the road you will eventually come to a place called the elbow which is a local swimming hole on oyster creek. I am not sure if George still owns that property I thought he had some issues with the state. Imagine that!

People used to drive over the pipes because the water was not as deep as if you drove around it

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Though Al and Rooftree and your hints make it easy, " I think" it is here
https://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.81507035004341&lng=-74.2418037260238&z=20&type=nj2015&gpx=

It's been a really long time I've on the RR grade but that area S branch has always had a nice sand bottom and clear water. Didn't the PPA do some tree plantings there not long ago? The RR grade is blocked off to the North now or it was, how do you access, from the South?

The N branch, Al's pick is a bridge that was blown up then rebuilt. I remember Tom Brown had a teepee on a "hidden" trail deep in the cedars. The Factory branch is or was elevated and looks nothing like the surrounding woods of the S branch. I never gave any thought to the powerlines but I remember that being filled with jagged large concrete chunks ready to slice a tire or get hung up on the undercarriage if you picked the wrong line

RATS, beat by Joe by 7 minutes as I was typing!!

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Though Al and Rooftree and your hints make it easy, " I think" it is here
https://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.81507035004341&lng=-74.2418037260238&z=20&type=nj2015&gpx=

It's been a really long time I've on the RR grade but that area S branch has always had a nice sand bottom and clear water. Didn't the PPA do some tree plantings there not long ago? The RR grade is blocked off to the North now or it was, how do you access, from the South?

The N branch, Al's pick is a bridge that was blown up then rebuilt. I remember Tom Brown had a teepee on a "hidden" trail deep in the cedars. The Factory branch is or was elevated and looks nothing like the surrounding woods of the S branch. I never gave any thought to the powerlines but I remember that being filled with jagged large concrete chunks ready to slice a tire or get hung up on the undercarriage if you picked the wrong line

RATS, beat by Joe by 7 minutes as I was typing!!
That maze just south of your pick is "The Maze" TBJ wrote about.I ran into him once there at the Oyster creek beach with his son Tmooy.He looked pissed because so many cycles were tearing crap up.Their were dozens riding around.I took his standard course so knew who He was.He was chain smoking again

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Now back to 1859. Look at that property on the topo and there are only two places it can be. Pick the one you think it is. The easy one or the hard one to get too. Remember, it is in Camden County.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
That maze just south of your pick is "The Maze" TBJ wrote about.I ran into him once there at the Oyster creek beach with his son Tmooy.He looked pissed because so many cycles were tearing crap up.Their were dozens riding around.I took his standard course so knew who He was.He was chain smoking again
The Maze, never heard that before. It was all trees and roots pushed up to make way for roads. The name of the developer escapes me at the moment, wasn't that supposed to be a development? Do you know the story? Just to the North is another subdivision I think. The lines are straight and square. I think Guy talked about this what it was supposed to be?

Yeah TB. I think we talked about him once or more. I have nothing against him but have no particular like either. I believe he's a good woodsman or at least he used to be. He found his niche exploiting "survivalists" or should I say, wannabes? He set up booby traps that could seriously hurt someone if not kill. I suppose nothing happened as I never heard anything.
Isn't his camp at this location?
https://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.83282943002049&lng=-74.2646051848594&z=19&type=nj2015&gpx=

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Yep. thats where he holds his courses.never heard of booby traps. I know He';s gone over the deep end with his Doomsday predictions which should happened repeatedly now over the last twenty years or so. I figured Him out decades ago but his books got me hooked and I had to meet him.The man is nothing like the myth for sure.One class was all I took.