Where's the Snow?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
31.1 degrees now here. Not much melting at all.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
The pines are really slushy. There are lots of people driving around the Carranza area. There are 2 tents at Batona Camp, 3 cars and no tracks leading back. They must have been there all night. That area will freeze tonight and be slow to thaw.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Definately more than I expected. At least 2-inches here and that's counting the sleet/ice/rain. Snow totals would have been more here if not for the changeover. Can't beleive the city plowed my street as much as they did. They didn't plow this much that year it dumped a couple feet of snow. I guess it's Saturday and they're on double-time or something.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
29.5 here so it is heading down. I just tried to shovel some of the ice on my driveway and could not. It will have to wait until tomorrow.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Definately more than I expected. At least 2-inches here and that's counting the sleet/ice/rain. Snow totals would have been more here if not for the changeover. Can't beleive the city plowed my street as much as they did. They didn't plow this much that year it dumped a couple feet of snow. I guess it's Saturday and they're on double-time or something.

They probably budgeted for snow removal and have to spend it or lose it. Either way, you pay for it.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
This weather is just crazy, high around 50 today, but look at tonight's forecast

Temperature falling to near 47 by 9pm, then rising to around 56 during the remainder of the night.

A 56 degree night in late January? Wow. The NWS forecast for Feb 1 is still 50 degrees. Now I'm wondering if we will get any winter at all this year...

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
This weather is just crazy, high around 50 today, but look at tonight's forecast

A 56 degree night in late January? Wow. The NWS forecast for Feb 1 is still 50 degrees. Now I'm wondering if we will get any winter at all this year...

That would suit me just fine. Not too cold, not too hot, no big snow storms on the horizon. What's not to like?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Next weeks outlook is in the mid 60s

That would be OK with me, but not in agreement with the National Weather Service. Actually, it could be a problem if trees and plants start to blossom and then get killed later in February....

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.

Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
Monday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 30.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I spoke to family in Munich and was told it has been horrible - cold, cold, cold. The government of Germany has small fire pits thru out the city to offer the citzens a place to warm while doing their daily routine. There was mention of how bad it is in Poland and the Ukraine. We are lucky that it has been mild. I hope that these warmer temperatures aren't a hint of what is in store for us this summer.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Here's one for you guys, true story. My wife and I have been guaranteed to the house due to us both being diagnosed with pneumonia. That in inself is not the interesting part of the story, but the fact that we have our windows wide open in the house in January is what I find strange.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Wouldn't you know, this is the first year I have taken the screens and air conditioners out of the windows at my house. That was a mistake. And the stink bugs seem to have arrived down here, have seen a number of them in the house during the past couple weeks.