Where's the Snow?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Updated this morn; the times they are a changin', more next week.

Guess what the NAO did; it's almost like a guarantee :eek:

590x451_02101453_severe1.png

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I don't even know what an NAO is, let alone what it did. :D

What is coming next week? NWS says 35 Mon, 45 Tue, 49 Wed, 50 Thu. Accuweather says even warmer, hitting 56 degrees by Feb 19. I don't think I ever remember a February this warm.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
All our crocus have blossomed and the daffodils aren't far behind. They are in for a jolt come the weekend :eek:

The entire winter has been warmer I think. Shaping up to be a bad fire season.

NAO - North Atlantic Oscillation
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/data/teledoc/nao.shtml

The SOI (Southern Oscillation Index) also plays a part.
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/MJO/enso.shtml

A whole lot of oscillating going on :D

But a new study from the U of CO, says stuff is melting a whole lot slower than the global warmers claim.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
More bad news, I was at the Pineland Commission meeting today and they mentioned that the pine beetles are already active. Although this might be a good thing if we get a good freezing!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Yeah, I have been watching this forecast and we might see some white stuff, especially down South here. Doesn't look like it could last long considering how warm the ground is. And AccuWeather's own forecast cllas for 45 or Sunday, 46 Monday and 50 next Tuesday. Going out farther, they say February will end with a 50 degree day and the warm weather continues into March.

I think we'll remember this as "the year without winter". :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I dunno, I wouldn't really mind going from Spring right into Fall. :) I only hope a warmer than normal Winter doesn't mean a warmer than normal Summer.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
That's crazy. NWS now says less than 1/10" precipitation Sunday and between 1/10" to 1/4" on Sunday night. Sounds pretty much like the last non-event to me.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
"Where's the snow" is still the question of the day. Looks like we won't get anything at all now, with only a 20% chance of precipitation.