White Christmas

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
"Who knows"

Typical weatherman :)

Precisely! Today in northern SC we got at least twelve inches, with more to come. Only 3-6 inches were predicted. Here by Paris Mt., everything is shut down, trees will start falling with tomorrow's ice, and we will probably lose electricity. If the same storm is moving your way, I hope y'all have a good book to hunker down with. How about Travels in Siberia by Ian Frazier. I hear it's excellent! :)

BTW, I'd give a lot to be there now, to see the Pines under snow, to watch the Toop slide past, dark and icy. Count yer blessings!

Glo

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
If the same storm is moving your way, I hope y'all have a good book to hunker down with. How about Travels in Siberia by Ian Frazier. I hear it's excellent! :)

Glo

I'm ready. Let it snow! :)

downsized_0111011159.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Link doesn't work for me.

I only got rain down South at my place. Driving into Philadelphia this morning, I was probably only 4 miles North of Mays Landing when I started seeing ice on the trees as the temperature dropped. Major highways were fine but the backroads were pretty sloppy.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Link doesn't work for me.

I only got rain down South at my place. Driving into Philadelphia this morning, I was probably only 4 miles North of Mays Landing when I started seeing ice on the trees as the temperature dropped. Major highways were fine but the backroads were pretty sloppy.

Give the link a try now. We had some icing last night then changed to heavy rain. Grassy areas are very sloppy, still some snow around.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
National Weather Service is only predicting 1 to 3 inches....

Thursday Night: Snow, mainly after 1am. Low around 23. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday: A chance of snow before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Breezy, with a west wind 6 to 9 mph increasing to between 19 and 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
46er,

The light blue color does not match the 3-6 inch color on the right. At least it seems that way to me. Maybe we won't get any snow :dance:

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Urgent - winter weather message
national weather service mount holly nj
335 am est thu jan 20 2011

...accumulating snow tonight and friday morning...

...winter weather advisory in effect from 7 pm this evening to
7 am est friday...

The national weather service in mount holly has issued a winter
weather advisory for snow...which is in effect from 7 pm this
evening to 7 am est friday.

* precipitation type: Snow.

* accumulations: Two to three inches. Highest near metropolitan philadelphia
and southern new jersey.

* timing: Beginning after 7 pm and lasting for about 12 hours.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I'm ready. Let it snow! :)

downsized_0111011159.jpg

Hesh yer mouth Billy! Do you want this weekends big stone hunt cancelled agin!.bad enough they bury themselves in muck,now they can tunnel under the white stuff.
I had invented a stone detector but forgot and left it in my pack last time I went to wet virginny (as opposed to dry virginny east of the Pot O mac) and I laid the pack down and all the sudden i heard this awful racket,the pack started bouncing and smoking and then burst into flame.I think i overloaded my detector.
Alfie
Ps
Please tell me yer not a nazi/communist :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
This storm amounted to nothing but light rain for me. Was 35 degrees this morning and drizzle at 5:30AM. By 7:00 the sky was clear with a beautiful moon and winds were picking up, which should blow dry the roads before they can freeze (hopefully) :)

Driving to Philadelphia, there was light snow on the ground and roads when I got about 10 or 15 mile North of Mays Landing, maybe 2" on the ground in Northeast Philadelphia. My friends say the neighborhood streets are terrible though, with packed snow and ice.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
This storm amounted to nothing but light rain for me. Was 35 degrees this morning and drizzle at 5:30AM. By 7:00 the sky was clear with a beautiful moon and winds were picking up, which should blow dry the roads before they can freeze (hopefully) :)

Got about an inch of snow in Moorestown, which sat on top of a layer of slush caused by the snow turning to rain before ending. After shoveling, it only took about 15 minutes before the remaining slush froze causing a very icy surface. Same is true on the streets and sidewalks.