Why can't I lose this gut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Why don't you go into a primarily Spanish neighborhood, set up a Powerpoint projector and play one of your Youtube rants such as "Illegal Day Laborers wont go away" ?
Turn up the volume real loud.
You will be running so fast for so long you will look like Olive Oyl in just a few days.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
RednekF350 said:
Why don't you go into a primarily Spanish neighborhood, set up a Powerpoint projector and play one of your Youtube rants such as "Illegal Day Laborers wont go away" ?
You will be running so fast for so long you will look like Olive Oyl in just a few days.

:rofl:

LIP, you ought to take Rednek's advice. Just be sure to take your surgical mask off before you start running.

J_IGNACIO

Feb 29, 2008
I am happy to hear your progress! I don't go to wendys but I know they put many bad things in such oily meaty foods.

Also are you named after the long island (you live there?) or after a tree? I looked up 'long island pine' on the internet and all I find is http://tinyurl.com/4kpd6c but there is no informantions there?

Also eat fruits! they are good once you get used to the flavor! and sweet!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
464px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.png

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006

OK dude this in NOT funny. Why are you taking this off-topic into no-man's land?
I always thought Wendy's was a notch above other fast food places, but they aren't anymore.
I see the results of eating Wendy's (even if it's only once a week) and I stopped eating it. The past couple of times I had indigestion after too. It's junk food, just like McDonald's. I am just eating out less period, the good places are expensive anyway. And for the record I eat an apple a day.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
I am happy to hear your progress! I don't go to wendys but I know they put many bad things in such oily meaty foods.

Also are you named after the long island (you live there?) or after a tree? I looked up 'long island pine' on the internet and all I find is http://tinyurl.com/4kpd6c but there is no informantions there?

Also eat fruits! they are good once you get used to the flavor! and sweet!

I live on Long Island. I like certain fruits, like I said I have an apple almost everyday. It's a shame there's so much junk food out there!
It's a shame because I like hamburgers, but you can't find a good reasonable burger on the cheap. Veggies and fruits alone dont have enough protein, one needs to eat meat for that, the problem is places like Wendy's have all these oils and fake flavors they put on there, and the meat is probably low grade.

VeronicaM

Feb 3, 2008
You all should be ashamed of yourselves!:argh:
LIP loves the woods. Ok, so the woods he loves aren't what this forum is about and pretty much irrelevant to most of the discussions here. And maybe he's a bit more portly than the rest of us, and believes in aliens (I know I do), and hates mexicans, but so what? If you all lived on long island you would too. When I was an actress I saw all kinds of deviant behavior, but you guys are disgusting.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Ahem....getting back to the subject of FAST FOOD.
Doing a little research is always fun, lets see what's in a Wendy's 1/4lb single hamburger.
Of course when I had them I had no mayo or cheese, but it aint pretty.
430 calories, 20 grams of fat, 75mg of cholosterol, and 870mg of sodium. No wonder you're always thirsty! Only 25 grams of protein, where's the beef?
The fries are really, really bad. A medium has as many calories as the sandwich, 430. 20 grams of fat. No cholosterol, a shocker. A baked potato would be better, but Wendy's doesn't offer them "plain" anymore.
McDonald's Quarter pounder actually is slightly less calories, 410, 19 grams of fat, 24 grams of protein, 734 grams of sodium. Ouch, so much salt.
But Wendy's is actually WORSE than McDonald's, so much for "it's better here".
And the thing is fast food never fills you up. That's the idea I guess.
The only "fast food" places that "fill me up" are Nathans and Arby's, unfortunately not too common around here.
I think the indgrediants they put in the food is getting worse. I never had a "stomach" until this past year, well I know to avoid it, and Wendy's really is no better than the others. I generally only ate at Wendy's after a long hike where I know I burned 800+ calories. So a single and a medium french fry would be 860 calories, and I just drank water. And the single does down to 390 with the no mayo/mustard/cheese. Its still worse than I thought though.
The problem is where do you go when you're starving after a long hike?
Everyone says to avoid fast food. So I'm curious here to what places everyone here eats!
Subway sounds like the best bet for now though. I just hope it is filling and not "empty calories" like Wendy's.
After all, during a 6 hour hike, which I did alot of during the winter, walking at approx 3mph I burned nearly 1500 calories from the hike alone, and after such walks I need a real man's meal.:muffin:
No more fast food though. I'm much less sluggish and have more energy since I stopped eating at Wendy's. I wish Corzine luck in his "fast food tax".

Status
Not open for further replies.