Why I will be poor for the rest of my life.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
aaa.sized.jpg

aab.sized.jpg

aac.sized.jpg

aad.sized.jpg

aae.sized.jpg

aaf.sized.jpg

Horray for easy credit. ;)

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
If you think your poor now, wait until you have children. A car payment normally can take anywhere between 3-5 years to pay as opposed to a lifetime for children :cry:

BTW, very nice. What's the difference between the Rubicon and the other models?

I wish you lots of luck with your new vehicle :p

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The Rubicon comes with 31" mud terrain tires, a 2" lift, Dana 44 axles front & rear, locking front and rear differentials, and a 4:1 geared transfer case. it's built for offroading.

TRA

Aug 10, 2003
Mt. Holly
The company I work for was crazy enough for letting me buy a Liberty. For my next car do you think they'll let me....................Good luck...great car. Tom

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Ben,
Remember only the first couple dozen deep scratches hurt.I found this out when I bought my vitara.After that you figure ,hey it's just paint.i can always repaint it.But you know you never will cuz what would be the point?You"d just do it again:)
Al

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
It's really amazing that it took Jeep 15+/- years to realize there was still a market for a real Jeep with Dana 44's (like they use to have) and some other decent running gear like axles capable of turning average size off road tires without shearing.
They spent way too much time pushing out yuppy mall cruisers and ignoring their original market of off road people.
Maybe they'll start sliding Dana 60's under them soon. And maybe a T-18 tranny.
Just wishful thinking.
Scott

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
RednekF350 said:
It's really amazing that it took Jeep 15+/- years to realize there was still a market for a real Jeep with Dana 44's (like they use to have) and some other decent running gear like axles capable of turning average size off road tires without shearing.
They spent way too much time pushing out yuppy mall cruisers and ignoring their original market of off road people.
Maybe they'll start sliding Dana 60's under them soon. And maybe a T-18 tranny.
Just wishful thinking.
Scott

The last Dana equipped vehicle I had was a 1970 Dode SuperBee which I purchased in 1979. It also had some steep gearing at 4:10.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Apparently the Rubicon sells really well, so it should be a reminder to Jeep to keep making REAL 4WD vehicles. When the new Grand Cherokee comes out, the Wrangler will be the only Jeep without independant suspension.

As far as the scratches go, that's the beauty of yellow. It should hide them well. :)

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
bruset, HI BEN, LOVE THAT JEEP.........NICE COLOR..............MY CEO HAS VETOED THE IDEA OF A JEEP..............I KNOW ITS JUST A LOVABLE TOY,BUT LIKE MOST MEN ID LOVE TO HAVE ONE........MAYBE SOME DAY IF THE STOCK MARKET EVER PICKS UP............I UNDERSTAND EVEN THE USED ONES ARE EXPENSIVE................BE CAREFUL WITH IT.........PRESS ON, KARL