Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Version 2.0 is done!

Features:
- Better look & feel
- URL now encodes the map type (street, satellite, topo, etc.) you're looking at so if you share the URL with someone they will automatically load the correct map
- Support for GPX files. You can upload a GPX file (up to 2MB in size) and it will display the waypoints, tracks, and routes in the file. If your GPX includes a bounding box it will recenter the map in roughly the center of your waypoints. If it does not include a bounding box, it will center at Batsto and you'll have to find your waypoints. Waypoint data (names, URLs, etc.) should show up in popups when you click on the pins.
- Icons for print & email, as well as loading the default map centered at Batsto.

MANY BIG THANKS to my friend and co-worker Devin Heitmueller who helped me out with some of the Javascript.

Give it a whirl and let me know how it works.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

I uploaded the same waypoints I sent you and it won't work. I get this message first.

Guy

Attachments

• message.jpg
    message.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 515

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Very nice work Ben! My only wish is that it had a full screen mode, or some ability to shrink the sidebar and NJPB banner so I could see more of the map.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Still won't work. I tried Firefox and there isn't even a "Choose" button to upload a file. Not sure what is going on here.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It worked on like 5 different computers at work. I don't know what the problem is on your end. Clear your cache and do a shift load.

Shift load? Now you are not talking Mac talk.

I will figure it out somehow.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I've just made some changes. Now you can hide the lat/long input box, GPX upload, and credits to give you more screen space for the maps.

If you look at it in Firefox or Safari you'll see that the controls float over the map. In IE7 you'll see that they hang out on the right side, and when you click the "hide" button the map grows. Mark, if you read this, can you look at my CSS and code (I'd be happy to mail it to you) to see what I am doing wrong.

I've tested this with IE7 (Windows), Firefox 3 (Mac), and Safari (Mac). If it's broken in something else, let me know.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It may not work the first time you try it, so just refresh the page. All it did on Safari was disappear and the map did not get any bigger. A refresh solved the problem and moved the controls to the right side, and then the hide button worked properly. A very very nice addition to that page. Thanks Ben!

Guy