Your Topozone.com Replacement

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Amazing feature Ben, thanks. One question on the print button. All that prints for me is the banner, any suggestions on what I might check? Using XP and IE.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Thanks Ben. When I hit the maps print button(not the browsers), I get the XP print control box and adjust the orientation there. I do not get a separate option to select that. If I do a preview, all that shows in the header on the first page and whatlooks like the beginning of the map where the header should be, on the second page. If you'd like, I can get some screen captures. Thanksk for the help.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I just checked it out for the first time, awesome! I love the option of being able to go from the 1930 maps to the 2007-2008 maps. Great work! I am shure it was a lot of it also. Thank you.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Thanks Ben.
I have been using the 2007 digital orthos in work for awhile now and the resolution is amazing.
Yesterday I was out in the rain with a DEP rep to inspect a few apparent encroachments into some Green Acres encumbered parcels in one of our towns.
We spied a rectangular yellowish speck on one parcel and it turned about to be a yellow doghouse about twenty feet into our parcel.
Another encroachment was an above ground pool, two thirds of which was built into the park property. The pool was plain as day in the aerial.
The final site showed a black rectangle and a white square.
We walked up on motor home shelter structure (black roof) and the white square was a shed.
The party is now over for these residents thanks to the aerials.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
These maps still have the dark area in them as all of Googles Maps do. What is their problem?

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Those lousy Google Maps images appeared around the same time they switched from Navteq to Teleatlas. But the old images of NJ showed a copyright to the state of New Jersey before, and appeared to be the same as the ones on the state's own site but with differently processed color. It's really unfortunate that they made the change to the current provider, whoever they are...

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Thanks Ben, that's what I thought. I was looking for an easy way to import geo-referenced aerials at medium resolution. If I download the full aerials at NJGIN the files are huge and they have more detail and less coverage than I want.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Hey Ben - did you notice that NJGIN has added historic topo maps to their WMS server? https://njgin.state.nj.us/NJ_NJGINExplorer/details.jsp?favoritePage=false&goTo=details&docId={2AED2D01-B358-11DE-88A2-0003BA2C919E}&sName=PUBLIC_BROWSE&mode=ME&spotlightdata=true

The mosaic was produced by scanning 15 minute (1:62,500 scale) historical USGS topographic paper maps at 600 dpi and saving them as Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) images. The scanned TIFFs have an approximate pixel resolution of 17 feet.

Would make a nice addition to the NJPB Live Maps. :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I can't view anything. Do you have a direct link?

Guy