RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Really, it's very dry down here, has been all summer. Here is the rainfall for the past month. Interesting to see the bullseye in Ocean County where they got between 5" to 8" rain. Meanwhile, I live in the "dry belt" with amounts ranging from 0.5" to 2". I would say that my home has received towards the upper end of that amount. But the woods are really dry and the creek is low although I've seen worse.

rain.png

Here is the USGS waterwatch map that shows dry conditions throughout the pines. This is not nearly so bad as it has been at other times over the past few years though. Interesting that it doesn't seem to have much relation to the rain totals over the past month, it's almost the opposite. I think these maps are based on streamflow.

drought.png

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
TD#8 recently formed off NC. Depending if it moves in the right direction there may be some relief. Getting a bit more active.

two_atl_2d0.png

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Another take from Accuweather.

Tropical Storm Hermine will move up the coast Friday into the weekend. Hermine will stall off the mid-Atlantic coast Sunday and actually intensify. Hermine will produce damaging winds and coastal flooding as well as flooding inland as it tracks up the coast. With the system intensifying, the New Jersey and Maryland beaches will be hit hard by coastal flooding and winds gusting over 50 mph Sunday.

590x369_09011305_severe1.png

Reactions: dogg57

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My daughter is just this minute boarding a plane for Florida. It was delayed 10 minutes but still going. Just got a text from her.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
My daughter is just this minute boarding a plane for Florida. It was delayed 10 minutes but still going. Just got a text from her.
I left Las Vegas with a hurricane coming up making landfall around Virginia. I was afraid that the flight would be canceled. To my surprise it wasn't. To quote my flight attendant " It's only wind and rain....that's nothing". Surprisingly it was a very smooth ride until the final approach which was moderately bumpy. The shuttle ride home from the airport was more eventful with power outages and trees down.

Either way, safe travels;)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
From her.

They have a live map in the plane so you can see where you are. There is quite a bit of turbulence from time to time. Right now it isn't so bad. It looks like we are at the very top of Florida now just below South Carolina. We seem to be heading towards the ocean a bit more

Reactions: smoke_jumper