1st of the season

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Is that vehicle on the right an old Wagoneer or a more current lifted XJ ? The older Wagoneer would certainly stand out a little more to people who are looking for the suspects.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Is that vehicle on the right an old Wagoneer or a more current lifted XJ ? The older Wagoneer would certainly stand out a little more to people who are looking for the suspects.

Or, do you mean people who knew who did it. I just can't imagine suspects would stand there looking at what they did. They'd be long gone.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Or, do you mean people who knew who did it. I just can't imagine suspects would stand there looking at what they did. They'd be long gone.
There are a couple of things that confuse me with that picture. 1st Most arsonist act alone. 2nd As Bob said they don’t seem to be in a hurry to leave. Just by that picture you can tell that fire is off to the races. 3rd is where did the picture come from. I assume a trail cam but it perfectly captured the smoke and vehicles in the shot. Seems a little coincidental.

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I suspect that photo has been in the hands of the police early on but they have not come up with the answer as to who the individuals are in the photo. Now they are asking for help from us. If the photo individuals arrived like the photographer posably did, we just have a photo of two people watching a fire. Maybe they saw something and maybe they didn't. It should be interesting to see what comes of this.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We spent the morning exploring the burn area from Sooy Road to almost Coyle Field looking for possible property corners. We came up empty. However, we really enjoyed walking there and finding only old beer bottles in a few locations from someones adventure long before many of us were born. And we came upon a small oasis that really stuck out. The arrow points to a salt lick holder.

IMG_2820a.jpg

Reactions: John

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
And those tree's are also untouched. Perhaps some type of cyclonic effect. Any picture of the crowns of those tree's?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
You see the green vegetation. If the hunter cleared it last year (or even the year before), and threw down veggies, that was fertilizer for the vegetation. If you think it was just a vortex, then why no pine needles?

I've seen young shoots of corn growing in the same type of hunter clearings.

Salt lick holder = hunter influence / disturbance.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
That's a well worn path. The hunter must have spent a lot of time there and many trips. That was in a back burn area or was it a controlled burn?

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
You really were exploring the burn. It was mentioned back fires were set from rt 72 so that would be in the area. The back fires are set against the wind I believe so although the burn appears well established it wasn't able to reach the crowns. I don't know if that hunter will be happy or not, LOL

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You really were exploring the burn.

I follow the stones wherever they take me. Plus, I love burned area's. The inside of my car doesn't though. I had to use carpet cleaner to get the black off multiple places. Worked really well. "Resolve"