Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Maybe my last post was too subtle, so I'll try again. When you come to NJPB, you're a guest at Ben's house. He couldn't be more clear about his feelings, so how about showing him the respect he deserves and try discussing something else for a change?

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Cool, so there's a good chance that you're infected and you're choosing to go out and possibly run into someone else and get them sick.
That's not selfish at all.
I said I drive alone in my car and park in an area where there is no one around. I see no one because I am alone in the forest, not standing in a parking lot or drinking in the woods with my friends. Sunlight and fresh air kills the virus.

I'm alone in the forest. By myself.

The reason they closed the forests is because idiots can't think clearly and gather in groups.

T

Toothy Critter

Maybe my last post was too subtle, so I'll try again. When you come to NJPB, you're a guest at Ben's house. He couldn't be more clear about his feelings, so how about showing him the respect he deserves and try discussing something else for a change?

So I am a guest in Ben's house?? So what,... you don't offer me a beer? What's that?.... Sure I can stay for dinner, what are we having?:)

• Haha
Reactions: Ben Ruset and Boyd

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
If we can't have a dialogue then feel free to drop me from the site.

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe
True enough. It's a shame the government took so long in acting to close things down. We elect them to make the hard decisions such as this; it should not have taken so long. People will migrate to what is available to them, as seen in some of the posts here. But its all water under the bridge for now; hopefully they will get their act together should round 2 come along.

I have asked this question an several of the virus web sites and no response yet. There are good directions on how to use a mask and gloves, but nowhere is there info as to what effect the virus has on your clothing. If someone sneezes/coughs and you are in range, it will land on your clothing, just as it lands on other materials. How long will it stay active, if at all, and if it does, how best to wash the clothing.

Dry fabric surface is not microbe friendly. Laundering eliminates covid-19. Here's what I do:

After grocery shopping, Take shirt off outside house, put in plastic bag, wash face and hands with soap/water from bucket on deck. Clean exterior packaging on groceries, wash hands, go inside house & put groceries away. Empty bag with shirt into washer in basement, awaiting enough to complete ladded to complete load. Bag goes into trash.
Upstairs, wash hands again.

T

Toothy Critter

Dry fabric surface is not microbe friendly. Laundering eliminates covid-19. Here's what I do:

After grocery shopping, Take shirt off outside house, put in plastic bag, wash face and hands with soap/water from bucket on deck. Clean exterior packaging on groceries, wash hands, go inside house & put groceries away. Empty bag with shirt into washer in basement, awaiting enough to complete ladded to complete load. Bag goes into trash.
Upstairs, wash hands again.

Yo girl, let me know next time you go outside and take your shirt off :) And while your at it.... it can get on your pants too ya know, so you might as well go outside and ….

Reactions: old jersey girl

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wow! I see it was an explosive day here.

I see this both ways. If one can get to a remote spot and stay away from people I see nothing wrong with that. I have done that the past two weekends. However, if I was someone who had a business that was closed, or knew someone who was sick, I may see things differently. In any event, the woods are closed so we really all should just follow the rules and try to end this as soon as possible. Other than my past weekend trips and having to work, I have stayed home for the past month and you all should also. It just is the right thing to do even though I for one am not happy about it.

I said I drive alone in my car and park in an area where there is no one around. I see no one because I am alone in the forest, not standing in a parking lot or drinking in the woods with my friends. Sunlight and fresh air kills the virus.

I'm alone in the forest. By myself.

The reason they closed the forests is because idiots can't think clearly and gather in groups.

Most of us, on this forum, venture out into people-unpopulated places to observe and experience the reality of the non-human plant, animal, insect , populations. The native humans called them other nations.

The "idiots" who "gather in groups" are people who unconsciously assume that our species is the most important, with all others considered only in relation to us. These are the people who want to be in groups, and where they are doesn't much matter. The bonfire in the woods, the bar, the beach, are just the setting for their social activity. Introspection is an alien concept.

These folk outnumber us, and are the reason it was necessary to close the parks, etc.

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
At ages 33, 32, and 8 in my household we aren't exactly at high risk but I've been taking this pretty seriously. I'll admit it is hard to stay home, especially now that the weather is warming up. If everyone could just put the brakes on, and all at the same time, we could likely being this all to a rapid end. I'm worried too about the economic damage being done, and whether I'll have a job to return to at the conclusion of all of this, so I think I can see both viewpoints here.

Did a little cumberland county exploration today, Maurice River Bluffs was nice and not at all crowded. I also drove by the WMA gun range again on Ackley and today new closure signs were up and workers were there building concrete forms. It's good to see the state taking an interest in improving the place.

Reactions: MuckSavage
At ages 33, 32, and 8 in my household we aren't exactly at high risk but I've been taking this pretty seriously. I'll admit it is hard to stay home, especially now that the weather is warming up. If everyone could just put the brakes on, and all at the same time, we could likely being this all to a rapid end. I'm worried too about the economic damage being done, and whether I'll have a job to return to at the conclusion of all of this, so I think I can see both viewpoints here.

Did a little cumberland county exploration today, Maurice River Bluffs was nice and not at all crowded. I also drove by the WMA gun range again on Ackley and today new closure signs were up and workers were there building concrete forms. It's good to see the state taking an interest in improving the place.

Welcome to my watershed. Don't tell anyone.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford

From the CDC website: "Taking measures to improve ventilation in an area or room where someone was ill or suspected to be ill with COVID-19 will help shorten the time it takes respiratory droplets to be removed from the air."

Being in woods, with the wind blowing outside, as opposed to being in a closed hospital room, or office, is obviously a safer enviroment. WMA's are still legal to visit.

And you are correct, apparently it has not proven the ultraviolet light kills the virus. I heard an ER doc say they were reusing masks after exposing them to UV light. And I heard that nurses were leaving them on the dashboards of cars to disinfect them.

Only randomized controlled trials will definitively prove a lot of this once things calm down.

A lot of the misinformation, like the coronavirus is another hoax from the media, and hydroxychloroquine should be taken by the general population is coming from the chief misinformer.

The chief misinformer said (regarding hydroxychloroquine) "“What do you have to lose? Take it,” the president said. “I really think they should take it."

And you think I don't have MY facts straight?

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.