Isolation 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we can be just like China.... at least it's opt-in and not something that the government is enforcing. The descriptions here are a little vague, but the idea is that an app on your phone will alert you when you come close to somebody who has tested positive. I can see the value of this from a public health standpoint, but there's just something about it that bothers me. In China, a similar program is run by the government, and your freedom of movement is determined by how close you have been to people who are infected.

Really worrisome new, increased surveillance shit. And most people unaware or too preoccupied to consider privacy issues. Remember the Patriot Act?

Here's a good series to watch while you locked inside, it was filmed before the virus but the concept of a "network" is very relevant. And it also shows how China's system works.

Thanks, will check it out.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I never even thought of the testicular thing! Even those of us who no longer use them still want to know we have them.
My dogs are worse farters then I could ever hope to be.This is actually good for me because if I can manage to silence it I can and do get away with blaming them but Momma has ears like a hawk and I do like to make myself proud so I don;t blame them often.
I have also learned the crack my window slightly trick.If i can silence it she never knows it was ther,Wind sucks it right out. I think I may have hijacked this thread.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I think I may have hijacked this thread.

I'm all for that. And I even hijacked your hijack! :D Reminds me of the old days around here, a thread never ended where it started - remember that?

I was a moderator at DVInfo.net back then, and the site owner was determined to keep things organized with every discussion on topic, so I spent a lot of time enforcing his rules. The "anarchy" here at NJPB was a refreshing change. :cool:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I actually like the anarchy myself.Let it go where it will but I do know some folks get uptight if the thread wanders but my attention tends to wander and my posts follow.And I do not mind being hijacked in the least.
A moderator I could not be. I like fanning flames more then dousing them:)

Now, the really bad news.

This new corona virus is much more infectious than flu. We knew that, but now there is new research indicating it may be much worse, several times more infectious than flu.

Recent Forbes magazine article on the topic has a direct link to the research article in the CDC Journal of Emerging Infectious Diseases. Can also be reached by going to CDC website, then publications, then the journal.

Still a lot to learn about this disease. Really, be carefull out there.

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Here's something surprising. There are about 125 Wildlife Management Areas. Only 6 are in Burlington County and 2 of those share it with another county.

Status
Not open for further replies.