Isolation 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Does anyone know about this Medford Wildlife Management area off Ark Road? Nice big parking area and many fields. I would think hunting for what's in there is out of season now?

Attachments

• medford wma 1.JPG
    medford wma 1.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 171
  • medford wma 2.JPG
    medford wma 2.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 153

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Some from ignorance. I would just call it a Darwin award except for the fact that it puts others in harms way!!!!!!!!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Everyone knows Ben's comment was tongue in cheek, right?
Actually I didn't know that Bob.Never met Ben so may have misread Him.now that you say "Tongue in Cheek"I Reread it and I guess yeah it could be taken either way. I don't think of myself as anti science at all but can be a bit skeptical of certain sections of our media:)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Actually I didn't know that Bob.Never met Ben so may have misread Him.now that you say "Tongue in Cheek"I Reread it and I guess yeah it could be taken either way. I don't think of myself as anti science at all but can be a bit skeptical of certain sections of our media:)

I thought the clue might have been missed. Ben thinks, as do I, that science and medical knowledge should be the factors leading us out of this mess. And this should never happen again to this country. We need to ensure that and be better prepared. We've handled this like a third world country.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
It's called herd immunity.When roughly 80% of the population is exposed to the virus,many not even displaying symptoms but of course some dying then the disease will essentially go extinct due to not being able to find victims since most people will have antibodies at that time.We can make it disappear maybe for s time by social distancing but till herd immunity is established this particular virus will probably reappear. Same as with just about any other disease.It will go extinct once it takes it';s toll and the rest are made immune..I just never remember anyone acting this way over the Flu,Bird Flu,SARS,Hong Kong ,Flu,Spanish Flu,Nothing was shut down then,the government did nothing,why now? Not knocking the social distancing thing.Hell my parents practiced this on me whenever my friends got sick,"You ain't goin over there till he's better": Just wondering why all the sudden now in 2020 why does the powers that be seem to be so concerned about us all the sudden?

Reactions: John

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Al, it would not be good to let this one run rampant. It would overwhelm the hospitals. Many, many more people would did if there was nothing done. The bird flu and Sars you mention were not as easily spread as this one. Would you really not handle the Spanish flu like this flu? Estimates are that the Spanish flu killed between 17 million and 50 million people. You'd let that go like wildfire? C'mon Al, do we really have to let 30 million people die just to get herd immunity?

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
In reverse order: yes it does. Also your sense of smell; you'll know because the dog will wrinkle her nose and walk away.

No, you may not fart in the car. Melts the upholstery.

"demasucalted" ? Wearing a mask will not cause testicular shrinkage.

Any questions?

If it did, there's always Nugenix.

"I'm not dead yet." - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Not at all,just saying that it will come back till we either develop this immunity or they vaccinate every one and I am a bit concerned with what else they may decide to slip into the vaccination. No I am not Bill Gates and am not preaching population reduction. But I do have a question.How is it Murphy has shut down 100,000 plus acre Wharton but Menantico WMa at about on fiftieth the size is still open? I was just out there and there were people every where because they have no where else to go. Yes i would rather die free then live in the governments cage with all of us scared to death of each other. If they want me to wear a sock over my head when in public places I"ll do it not to scare other people,maybe I better change my avatar as well but I will not have anyone telling me where I can wander on state property which is my property,I think Phil has over stepped himself. The government let the Spanish Flu go like wild fire,why is this much less deadly disease any different? I am not knocking the social distancing just wondering why the government concern now? There is much evidence that other deaths are being reported as Covid deaths,Heart attack statistics have went way down for some reason, many people that are dying for other reasons if they test positive for Covid antibodies are being reported as Covid deaths. I can send links if interested. Someone wants us to fear and why and why now? I think I know.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I just never remember anyone acting this way over the Flu,Bird Flu,SARS,Hong Kong ,Flu,Spanish Flu,Nothing was shut down then,the government did nothing,why now?

You don't remember Spanish Flu unless you were alive in 1917.

All of those other diseases are/were better understood and better contained. We didn't run out of PPE or not have enough respirators for the other diseases. But we have the problem now. Clearly this is worse.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
By the way this isolation crap is getting to lakers.Came home about two hours ago and there was someone in work boots in a blow up Pokemon costume walking down Battle Lane with a dog.I shit thee not.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
But I do have a question.How is it Murphy has shut down 100,000 plus acre Wharton but Menantico WMa at about on fiftieth the size is still open? I was just out there and there were people every where because they have no where else to go.

Because State Parks are far more accessible to regular people. Less people will go out to WMAs because most people don't know what they are, or where to park, or what to do once they're in there.

Yes i would rather die free then live in the governments cage with all of us scared to death of each other.

Nobody is in a cage. And I really wonder how many people would be so against the stay at home orders if the president was the one pushing them.

The government let the Spanish Flu go like wild fire,why is this much less deadly disease any different?

We didn't even know about viruses back then. People barely knew to wash their hands. Plus we were a little preoccupied with recovering from World War 1.

I am not knocking the social distancing just wondering why the government concern now? There is much evidence that other deaths are being reported as Covid deaths,Heart attack statistics have went way down for some reason, many people that are dying for other reasons if they test positive for Covid antibodies are being reported as Covid deaths. I can send links if interested. Someone wants us to fear and why and why now? I think I know.

There is evidence that a lot of Covid deaths aren't being reported because people are dying at home and not being tested because why test a dead person?

The government isn't out to get you, but there are a lot of people that would love for everyone to fear the government for their own ends. They're the same kind of people that say that "the economy" is more important than saving lives.

Reactions: glowordz

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Because State Parks are far more accessible to regular people. Less people will go out to WMAs because most people don't know what they are, or where to park, or what to do once they're in there.

Nobody is in a cage. And I really wonder how many people would be so against the stay at home orders if the president was the one pushing them.

We didn't even know about viruses back then. People barely knew to wash their hands. Plus we were a little preoccupied with recovering from World War 1.

There is evidence that a lot of Covid deaths aren't being reported because people are dying at home and not being tested because why test a dead person?

The government isn't out to get you, but there are a lot of people that would love for everyone to fear the government for their own ends. They're the same kind of people that say that "the economy" is more important than saving lives.
The economy isn't important to me. This state of martial law is.There is no reason to keep people out of the woods except to control them.And yet it's perfectly okay to go to Walmart? People worrying about how much money is in their pocket disgusts me as well.I don;t want anyone to die but believe me we all will, but neither will I roll over and play dead,not even for Trump no matter how much I like him.I"m not having parties, I generally keep to myself at work anyway but do have to eat in a too small lunchroom with too many people so if I catch anything it will be from a place I have to be anyway but for the life of me I"ve never heard of catching a virus from a tree.I"m about to find out though.,I"ll be in Wharton tomorrow

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.