Missing persons search underway for couple who took ATVs into the Pine Barrens in Stafford

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We walked right by their house in this post. The first photo shows the ATV trails leading to it.

Click Here

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Unrelated to this, but similar. Was there ever any closure to the hunter some years ago who was lost in Warren Grove?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The children of the individuals missing are posting on Facebook saying they think their parents have been missing 24 hours. I assume that means Monday evening.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The link does not work. Maybe one has to be a member.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looks like the Ocean County Prosecutor and Detectives are now getting involved.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
You'd think the dogs would pick up a scent right away, but the article does not say blood hounds, it says K9's. I don't know if trailing is their main
occupation.

Last edited:

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Guy, that would make sense since the atv trail leads to the road in and you found a hunters blind in the clearing. I'm sure the police would have concentrated on that area. I agree with Bob the dogs should have been able to pick up their scent. I think the public is not being told the whole story as usual.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
This reminds me of the hunter that went missing in a similar area. Items that you think they would take left at the car/atv. Becoming very disturbing.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
This reminds me of the hunter that went missing in a similar area. Items that you think they would take left at the car/atv. Becoming very disturbing.
Zeldon wasn't reported missing for a day or two and it had rained. From what we were told I can't help but think foul play was at work. This may be eerily similar but it hasn't rained yet to wash any scent away. I'm wondering what the shotgun was for. Shotgun deer is not in season yet. Maybe small game? Was the gun a spare or were they both intending to hunt?

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Lets say they were hunting, where did they go? Did they fall into a spung? If I have guessed correctly where they were I don't see any. How far from your ATV would you walk with your gun still with it.

That is assuming they actually drove the ATV.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It baffles me that the press can't make a simple map showing where they live, where they found the atv, where the searchers are looking (and why) etc. The updates are totally useless to those who would like to help. And how the devil can an ATV get stuck in a field as the article says?