Missing persons search underway for couple who took ATVs into the Pine Barrens in Stafford

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If it is the field I visited I doubt it got stuck. And that is the first time we are hearing that as far as I know.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
It baffles me that the press can't make a simple map showing where they live, where they found the atv, where the searchers are looking (and why) etc. The updates are totally useless to those who would like to help. And how the devil can an ATV get stuck in a field as the article says?
If factual we now hear that the atv was stuck? Guy has first-hand experience in the area and the field which should have been high and dry. I happened to attempt to find that field near the time Guy did but I somehow wandered off the woods road so never made it there. I did find a tree stand and what loosely could be called a field with tall grass and brush and was kind of spongy. However, there was no trail, certainly not an atv trail. Strange similarity to Zelden with their daughter mentioning deer bait. This time 2 people missing

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
It baffles me that the press can't make a simple map showing where they live, where they found the atv, where the searchers are looking (and why) etc. The updates are totally useless to those who would like to help. And how the devil can an ATV get stuck in a field as the article says?
The press isn't there to help. The press, in this case, is there to sell papers.

Reactions: Sue Gremlin

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
This was a quote from a local paper "Stafford police, said he didn’t believe the couple went hunting, noting that in the rural community “many people […] have shotguns readily available,” IMO Warren Grove is not that rural or unsafe where you would need to carry a shotgun with you into the woods. If you are not legally hunting in NJ can you really drive around with a shotgun on your quad???

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This was a quote from a local paper "Stafford police, said he didn’t believe the couple went hunting, noting that in the rural community “many people […] have shotguns readily available,” IMO Warren Grove is not that rural or unsafe where you would need to carry a shotgun with you into the woods. If you are not legally hunting in NJ can you really drive around with a shotgun on your quad???
I guess if you have a hunting license and in season, you could drive all over the woods with a gun and if stopped you can say you are going hunting or returning.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
If you are not legally hunting in NJ can you really drive around with a shotgun on your quad???
I highly doubt it unless they have a special permit. (edit: after seeing Guy's reply, I think he may have a point. But, small game in the plains? Shotgun is not open for deer yet, I'm thinking).

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Legally you cant drive a quad in the state woods in NJ

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They were 200 yards from their home. I wonder why that area was not searched earlier.

Reactions: bobpbx

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
The whole thing is very odd. The search, the atv, the proximity to the home and that both passed away. Very sad.

Also making news today out of Warren Grove a meth lab was found on grays road.

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002