Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Let go back to post #862 where RednekF350 posted this photo. The link is below if you want to review but the photo is really all you need.

Scott's photo in post #862 showing an old bridge near Rockwood.

IMG_0513-scott.jpg

I am pretty certain I visited there after he posted it but I can't find the photo. So we decided today to check it out. We parked on Rockwood Road just past the homes and headed into the woods to travel down a long strip of upland that is easy and nice to walk in. Rare for that area.

On the way to the bridge we revisited a Wharton monument on the Charles Green Rockwood property line. The shadows were really long.

IMG_7014b.jpg

We went on a Sunday because of this.

DSC_5344a.jpg

And when we neared the bridge location we found it completely flooded and decide to not even try to go until next year, at least from this one side. We may try the other side soon. Beaver activity was evident even though it looked old. Jessica is standing on the old road which is impossible to walk because of briers.

IMG_7015a.jpg

We then were able to make our way back to Rockwood road by following an old dim road that because of the fire was fairly easy to navigate.

Our long walk back to the car on Rockwood road.

IMG_7018a.jpg

And we again went to Mannis Duck Pond and again people were there so we turned around and headed home.

Reactions: John and Boyd

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
I remember going there and driving down a dirt road to get to the lake before the county fixed it up. There was an old building down near the edge of the lake. I remeber a lot of the boards were painted white.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I remember going there and driving down a dirt road to get to the lake before the county fixed it up. There was an old building down near the edge of the lake. I remeber a lot of the boards were painted white.
Yes, me too, in about 1980. There was a building there, memory says dark clapboard, but you know memory. There was a grassy field there too, likely the one they hold events at now. I got one of the worst cases of chigger-ticks there. Like the worst. Teaches a man to be wary of them.