The Fox

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Check out these reviews.
The latest was 11/25/08. Maybe there is hope?
I like the second one.

I'd say that second review is exactly what would make me want to check to joint out. No accounting for taste I guess. Go in, have a drink and talk with her a spell. Lot's of good local history information for someone paying close attention.

g.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
George, you never know. We as people always think the worst. Sooner or later, there will be no more Foxy. With that the bar will be gone forever and never be the same. BTW did you get the personal email I sent you on interviewing?

Exactly why a visit to an old timer, any old timer man or woman when you're willing to lend an open minded ear, is a treasure.
I did get your note and one of those folks is on my "to do" list.
Hope he don't croak first. I'm always playing a bit of a racing game with the
reaper for the ones I'm looking for.

g.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
I dated Crazy Hazy for three years, so I know the whole family. I never heard of the Ewers though. Believe the story about H. and the bar fights. I have witnessed plenty of them first hand. Oh boy the stories I have to tell. Alot will be told in my second book, "thirtythree Years at Sooy Place". ( that's if this first one ever gets off the ground).

Suresue,I have been reading old threads and came across the one about the 1974 National Geographic about the pines.In your posts you mentioned Hazey Dilks.I once heard a story of him fighting everyone in a bar one by one.I mentioned this story to a friend who lived behind me and he said he was Hazeys cousin.His name is Rob Ewers and his parents were Ray and Myrtle.Would you know of them or any other Browns Mills pineys.I know alot of them from going to Pemberton schools from Little Red Schoolhouse to P.T.H.S.class of 1979.Also kids from Chatsworth went to Pemberton but now go to Lenape.I'm sure we must know someone in common.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
You really need to go to New Orleans. Certain bars there put piney bars to shame, and I thought I would never say that! One would not believe the rat mazes you can go down and what you will find.

I'd say that second review is exactly what would make me want to check to joint out. No accounting for taste I guess. Go in, have a drink and talk with her a spell. Lot's of good local history information for someone paying close attention.

g.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Wow! I hear you loud and clear. I too have been known to bring death around. It is because we are one with nature and all living as well as dead things. It can actually drive one nuts if you don't truely understand it. Therefore, death will be the ultimate journey for those few who feel and believe. This is why you like the Fox so much.

Exactly why a visit to an old timer, any old timer man or woman when you're willing to lend an open minded ear, is a treasure.
I did get your note and one of those folks is on my "to do" list.
Hope he don't croak first. I'm always playing a bit of a racing game with the
reaper for the ones I'm looking for.

g.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Wow! I hear you loud and clear. I too have been known to bring death around. It is because we are one with nature and all living as well as dead things. It can actually drive one nuts if you don't truely understand it. Therefore, death will be the ultimate journey for those few who feel and believe. This is why you like the Fox so much.

I hope I'm not the only person totally confused by this...?

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Read what you posted before my wow comment. You want to interview and track the people down, but by the time you do it they are either dead or die shortly after. I hope I understood you correctly. If this is so, I too experience the same thing in life. Ex: I will run into an oldtimer I haven't seen in years, and find out shortly afterwards that he/she died.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Sue,
I appreciate your sentiments but probably just a little deeper of a meaning than I had in mind. I don't really share a spiritual oneness with the dying or departed before or after I have a sit down with them. If I do have that effect on the elderly, Bob better stay away.
Anyway, I've shared in Lynn's presence thrice in one year and he's still head above dirt.

Lynn,
Travelling shorebound the Fox is on the left just before you actually get to Hammonton Proper. It's actually next to the last house in Elm if I am correct. After you Cross the Fleming Pike it is up on the left. figure a little over halfway between Spring Road and Walker Road. Pass Walker road and you've passed the Fox but the blue building and matching Caddy (both are in about the same stage of decay) will show itself. Start looking for it after that place that sells monuments on the bend on 30. There are more or less fields across the Pike from it.

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
LARGO,
How in the heck can I find that place with such vague directions? Geez. LOL:dance:
I would come down Rt 206, so I can see that I would turn right on Rt 30 and it will be on my right. Thanx! Gotta check it out.
Yes, still several feet above the soil (that's what we have here), thank you.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Re: The Pic. Any decent beer there + how is food?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
LARGO,
Re: The Pic. Any decent beer there + how is food?

The Pic on 206 has excellent food and a few good beers on tap.
Leinenkugel and Smithwicks are two that I know of.
Their scallops are very good, as are a lot of their other offerings. They are probably bestknown for their wings.
The Pic on the White Horse Pike I do not frequent and I have only been there to check in a deer or two.
Both Pics are deer check stations.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Has anyone ever been to the Pic III? It is in Atlantic City across from the old Irish Pub? Now theres a wild place. I am no longer allowed there and maybe it is a good thing since now I am married. They of course serve food, but it is a small establishment.

Has anyone ever been to the Pic III? It is in Atlantic City across from the old Irish Pub? Now theres a wild place. I am no longer allowed there and maybe it is a good thing since now I am married. They of course serve food, but it is a small establishment.

The Pic in Atlantic City is a great little place. I use to frequent there alot when I was younger. Whenever I am working in Atlantic City I try to get over there when the day is done and get an order of there wings and a cold one or 2. This past summer I was doing some work at the new Revel and A couple of us would hit there almost every Friday or Saturday night.(this being we were getting done at midnight or 1 in the morning)

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county

I work in Atlantic City and stop there every once in a while. The wings are good and the beer is cold. The Irish Pub is better though. Best place in town for the buck. I prefer the Pic on 206 though, you just can't beat the atmosphere.

And if I may ask why yu are not allowed in there? WHAT did you do, lol?

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
It's not what I did, but what I wouldn't do. Of course I did get in a few fights there too while drinking. LOL :)

I work in Atlantic City and stop there every once in a while. The wings are good and the beer is cold. The Irish Pub is better though. Best place in town for the buck. I prefer the Pic on 206 though, you just can't beat the atmosphere.

And if I may ask why yu are not allowed in there? WHAT did you do, lol?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
The Pic on 206 has excellent food and a few good beers on tap. Leinenkugel and Smithwicks are two that I know of.

Sheesh,
I know you dudes are into the beer thing from reading the thread that won't go away but man... You're starting to get into beers that sound like something from Tolkien.
Can we come back into the plane of man?

g.