Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
So, hopefully I'll be bringing the new site online sometime during the week of Jan 11-15. The forums will be the first to come up - the front page articles will need to come over (by hand) one by one so that will take extra time.

So, hopefully I'll be bringing the new site online sometime during the week of Jan 11-15. The forums will be the first to come up - the front page articles will need to come over (by hand) one by one so that will take extra time.

Ben:

Your dedication to all of us Piniacs is humbling and deeply appreciated! If there is anything I can do to aid you in any way, please do not hesitate to ask!

I look forward to seeing your handiwork in a couple of weeks!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
There's some showstopping bugs that I have just discovered. Apparently if you use IE6, you just won't be able to access the site anymore because vBulletin has just decided to develop for newer browsers only.

Additionally, a lot of the things for customizing the display of forums and whatnot are still broken.

I think, at this time, we're going to hold off on the upgrade. I may even look at an entirely different software. I'm incredibly frustrated...

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
IE6 still gets used a lot. I don't want to make the site inaccessible for that many people.

I'm not an IT guy so please don't make fun...
Is the version of Internet Explorer one uses not avaible for updates, or is it a limitation to the operating system one has on their machine? Just curious.
Obviously I wouldn't want to loose this site.

g.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well, so some people are not able to update for whatever reason. A lot of applications were written that only work in IE6 and won't work in IE7 or IE8.

The problem is that the vBulletin developers included a bunch of features that only work on IE7 and IE8, and since they don't work in IE6, any site running vB4 will look like garbage.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I have a very bad feeling I fall in the "looks like garbage" group.
This looks like a mess to me. That's not a jab at you Ben. I guess it's just.... different?

g.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I'm looking at this page in both Firefox and IE7 side by side and they appear to be nearly identical. The style of the buttons is a little different but that's the only obvious difference.

damkayaker

Scout
Dec 12, 2009
Looks great here, don't know what's in this computer's gut. XP something. Also the old way I had screen at 100%, this way I have it at 125% & it fills the whole screen. Easier to read. Good job! Mike Oh no where's the smilies at?

Status
Not open for further replies.