10 inches of snow on the way.....

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It must be bad out there, the OC Library closed. My wife couldn't believe it :rofl:

Got some oatmeal cookin', gonna be a nice day :dance:

We have about 6-7", nothing coming out of the sky now, but the radar looks like it will begin again soon.

Oct 25, 2006
Just checked the weather report, looks like Hammonton got hit the hardest with 10" of snow, Millville with 8.5 so far.

Where i live we are up to 3.3"

Jim

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
We got a respectable amount of snow, but not any kind of record breaker though it's still coming down. I just measured 8.5" on top of my BBQ grill; some of the drifts look a lot deeper so it's hard to tell what the average is. I'm not gonna even think about clearing this stuff until the storm moves out!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Sun just came out here, I think it's about over for me, although the radar still shows a little area in southern Virginia. But man, that wind is fierce!

Oct 25, 2006
Sun just came out here, I think it's about over for me, although the radar still shows a little area in southern Virginia. But man, that wind is fierce!

Boyd

The streets here are mainly ice, i just returned home, and the street where the 84 Bus runs on is a mess.

Still snowing here, the wind is whipping hard.

Jim

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Boyd

The streets here are mainly ice, i just returned home, and the street where the 84 Bus runs on is a mess.

Great... actually today was supposed to be our first day in the shop at the Arsenal but we decided it could wait until tomorrow :) Can hardly wait to make the trip in the morning :bang:

That area down south on the radar has now moved into DC and Delaware and gotten larger... maybe it ain't over yet? Either way, I'm headed out to clear a path and check out the snowy woods!

Oct 25, 2006
Great... actually today was supposed to be our first day in the shop at the Arsenal but we decided it could wait until tomorrow :) Can hardly wait to make the trip in the morning :bang:

The snow is down to a flurry now, it is getting much brighter out, plows are now on the move, since the street is a snow emergency route i think it should be in great shape for your commute tomorrow.

Jim

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bamber....10.5"

SNOWM.JPG

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Nice! And it's the great, poofy kind of snow, too. I am savoring it. My husband is NOT of our ilk, like most other people, gets mad at me for expressing my love of snow. He grumped at me this morning because he shoveled the sidewalk. Sheesh!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Very pretty out in the woods here. Snow depth varied from about 8" to 12". When clearing the driveway, the snow is melting from the bottom up due to the warm ground, there are some slushy areas underneath. Here are a few shots:

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
the snow is melting from the bottom up due to the warm ground, there are some slushy areas underneath.

It's going to freeze solid tonight, supposed to get down near 10 and not out of the 20's tomorrow.

It's days like today I miss the north country :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Yeah, we will get a crust but I'm thinking the ground is really quite warm under there and won't cool off too quickly since the snow will insulate it. Supposed to be in the 50's by the weekend so it's not gonna last too long regardless.