10 inches of snow on the way.....

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
And some computer models, NAM, GFS, GGEM, etc have a whole lot more than that (highest models are near 20" in a few spots). The pines could really get a jackpot event, with a strong possibility of thundersnow forming too. We'll see what happens.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
Nice sleet event here around 1:30AM, with some brief whitening of the ground. The radar has shown even heavier radar returns (50+ dbz) over Wharton forest where it must really be coming down. Especially on the sand roads.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Not much happening here so far, light rain with a slight white frosting. National Weather Service is forecasting the possibility of 5 to 9 inches tonight with as much as 3 to 5 additional inches Monday. I have to work in Philadelphia today but should make it back home before things get bad.

See, I thought we had made it through this season with nothing, but I guess I need to see if I can still start the snowblower after nearly three years sitting idle. :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Light dusting of wet snow this morning up here. Would be nice if those forecasts are accurate for a change.

Snowshoeing in the pines, priceless :dance::dance::dance:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Snowthrower is up and running - thank God for starting fluid! Cut and split another load of firewood; I am ready for anything. That pretty much guarantees we won't get any snow :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea, starting fluid is the only way mine starts anytime.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I just got back from a hike up the west bank of the Skit. Only one set of squirrel tracks, everyone else is hunkered down.

Man I am jealous....there is no place like the pine borings in the snow. Seriously thinking about playing hooky from work for a few days.

Grendel:

Where abouts are you in Stafford? I am currently working on two archaeological investigations in Stafford County: a Phase I at Leeland Station and a Phase II at Brooke Station. There is some fascinating history down there!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
:dance::D:dance::D:dance::D

iws0_430.jpg

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
Yup guys, the National Weather service went for a mixture of the models overnight and issued Winter Storm warnings for the entire area... He're a quick breakdown across the Mt Holly forecast area, using data from their warning text:

8-14" Atlantic, Cumberland, and Salem in NJ. Kent and Cecil in MD, and New Castle in DE.
6-12" Cape May in NJ. Queen Anne, Talbot, and Caroline in MD, and Kent in DE.
5-8 in Sussex DE.
Slightly less at the immediate coastline.

It should be an interesting one as models still hint that some areas could still make it above those numbers. Especially when aided by an thundersnow, which is a real possibility once the storm gets rolling. Neighborhood "point" forecasts have up to 18" falling across the Pine Barrens north of the Expressway... Its a great time to be in the pines!

(This is a time sensitive live map)
Counties in light pink are in Winter Storm warnings, blue Winter Storm watches.
US.png

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
Heres a high-res model forecast for the area, just to give an idea directly from computer output: (Live map- and a bit oversized)

A general 15-18" with a nice 18"+ spot right over Coyle field and the Pygmy pines.
N-EAST_WRF_SFC_ACCUM-SNOWFALL_48HR.gif