9th annual pine barrens cleanup!

Yellowdog

Aug 20, 2010
I have a full size pickup truck that I'd be happy to use, however, it is not 4x4. Is it worth the potential trouble of getting stuck?

well put you on an easy trail and have a truck with a winch if you feel uncomfortable but you should be fine..most of the time i'm in 2wd high in the pines

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Sounds like a good time. I know I made an obligation to go camping up in North Jersey sometime in October, but if it's not during this cleanup, I'll def be there. I have a 2wd truck and a trailer, but if were heading through the crazy stuff, I can bring my dual sport.

Eagleii

Aug 24, 2010
I'm in then. My wife will probably join also. The sugar sand is the only thing that really worries me, but if we're going in groups then I'm not uncomfortable at all. Thanks and see you then!

Yellowdog

Aug 20, 2010
i am going to get as many guides BEFORE the event as possible..we'll pick trails they will lead..i will have poster board and signs for each group..people will ine up behind diff guides..we'll split vehicles up and do a mix of LWB and SWB for each group

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
i am going to get as many guides BEFORE the event as possible..we'll pick trails they will lead..i will have poster board and signs for each group..people will ine up behind diff guides..we'll split vehicles up and do a mix of LWB and SWB for each group
sent you a pm

JerseyJK07

Scout
Jan 10, 2010
I have a bunch of guys coming with me again. I was the guide for my group the last few years. i know my group last year made a totally of three trips out and all filled our jeeps plus my trailer everytime. ill lead a group again.

Eagleii

Aug 24, 2010
I shared the details of this event with a couple friends while kayaking the Wading River today. They are excited to attend with the 4x4 pickup. :)

RowdyGirl85

Oct 12, 2010
Pemberton, NJ
Team Aggression coming to cleanup. . .

I am pleased to say that a few of us members of our NJ Chapter of Team Aggression will be attending this years cleanup for the first time. I've heard many stories and seen many pictures over the last few years and we are all looking forward to be participating with this event. We have a few trucks coming out so far. Trying to get some more people as well. I'm also trying to get my brakes situated hoping to be able to take my own out there but if I can't get it all squared away I'll be riding along with one of our members that is coming in from out of state (Mass). Looking forward to meeting everyone, cleaning up our loved land, and having fun! :dance:

Attachments

• teamaggression4x4.gif
    teamaggression4x4.gif
    62.6 KB · Views: 298

Yellowdog

Aug 20, 2010
OKAY!

i 'm getting excited..it's hard to sleep the days leading up to the event

RAIN OR SHINE

see ya there

remember toys for tots

and if you can donate a gift for the raffle that pays for the wings!

i'm in cabin 7 if anyone wants to drop by to help

Gruf

Jun 24, 2010
-After all the bad press if you don't come out..show that we love the pines AND IMPRESS THE PRESS.. then it's "shame on you"

This is a good point. Speaking of the press, perhaps one of the orginizers should contact a news station or two. This will be my first cleanup, and I have never heard about this event before I started reading various forums. Its not a bad idea to let people know that this is going on.

Yellowdog

Aug 20, 2010
probably...

i think i have a friend who is coming too and staying at the cabin

my main concern is i got a lot of phone calls if 1/2 the people come who have committed we are going to desperately need trail guides..this got posted and passed around a lot more places than normal due to the articles about destructive wheeling in the pines..
there are people coming down all the way from from mass. as you see in the above posts

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I will not have my rover back together in time. I will need a ride for I'm probably going to get dropped off. I know the trails luike the back of my hand esp on the western side of 206. This is where I prefer to go but am willing to go whereever I may be needed. If I ride with someone , togwether we can make a trail guide

Yellowdog

Aug 20, 2010
dave you can ride with me as long as i don't have one of my female friends along...lolz..i only have 2 seats in my tj the rest is storage