A New Collection of Old Photo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I received an email from my brother informing me that a man I explored the pines with years ago stopped in and dropped off all of his old photo from our explorations. There are quite a few photo’s and slides which I will be scanning in the near future. So to give you a little tease here are a few that I quickly processed. Most of the new explorers will find my new “Then and Now” of Apple Pie Hill quite interesting. I am pretty confident everyone here has never viewed a photo of this building before.

The photo on the left was developed in July 1978 and the right was taken in 2003. Notice me on the roof. It is quite striking how dense the woods were back then compared to today. Apple Pie Hill has really changed for the worse.

watermark.php

Here I am on the roof again at another date.

guy_on_roof.jpg

And I found this photo of me in the stash.

Guy.jpg

More to come during the weekend.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Not sure what you mean by that??

I believe I have a photo with a sign that mentions the Albert brothers. I also think I have some nice photo's of the pig farm when it was much more intact. I am not sure since they are on slides and I have about 200 to go through. I also have some more of the cement bridge at Hampton with me holding an old Pepsi can.

Guy

All,

I received an email from my brother informing me that a man I explored the pines with years ago stopped in and dropped off all of his old photo from our explorations. There are quite a few photo’s and slides which I will be scanning in the near future. So to give you a little tease here are a few that I quickly processed. Most of the new explorers will find my new “Then and Now” of Apple Pie Hill quite interesting. I am pretty confident everyone here has never viewed a photo of this building before.

Here is me on the roof again at another date.

guy_on_roof.jpg

Guy

Guy:

I can just imagine what Whippoorbill could do with this image!!!! :)

Reminds me of a scene from the old Bonanza television show!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
Guy, excellent photos. Can't wait to see more. Is the red vehicle in the first shot a Bronco? It looks like one from that angle. Just wondering.

Paul

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy, excellent photos. Can't wait to see more. Is the red vehicle in the first shot a Bronco? It looks like one from that angle. Just wondering.

Paul

No. It is my 1973 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser. I bought it used in 1975 and then bought a new one in 1978. In those three years I wore it out since I spent so much time in the woods. Had plenty of free time then. It is funny that I was playing a charity softball game many years later and was on the same team of the man who sold it to me. We sat on the bench and talked about it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wait no longer, let there be more! Here are some very very rare photo’s developed in 1978.

This sign was located at Harris station along the Jersey Central tracks near Apple Pie Hill. As one would expect vandals had removed the sign from it’s proper location. So naturally we decided to place it back , and my enormous body weight would be used to do just that. I guess it worked :)

Notice the crossing sign, and notice the sign says “nearby hills.” I would assume they are talking about Apple Pie and Mount Korbar ( Tea Time Hill).

harris1.jpg

Me on the left

harris2.jpg

Check out that belt! I bought that at the Pennsauken Mart and wore that until the metal rings rusted. In fact, I think my kids may remember it.

harris3.jpg

I think I may make a “Then and Now” with the second photo. I have quite a few scanned up and will pass along some of them on the weekend. Some I have no idea where we we at when they were taken. I have one of the Cedar Bridge Fire Tower when it was on the road to the Forked River Mountains and it has a fence around it. The fence is damaged as always happened there. That is why they moved it to 539.

Guy

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Joe Namath also wore pantyhose! Seriously though having something come to you right out of the blue is great. Just like Christmas in April:D

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Joe Namath also wore pantyhose! Seriously though having something come to you right out of the blue is great. Just like Christmas in April:D

That belt and the dingo boots were a match. Now all he needs is a fringed buckskin suede jacket. I had one of them.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Did it have a secret pocket for your stash?:ninja:

I do remember one of the pockets was ripped down one edge. It was one of those jackets you procured to be "in" at the time, but it was really far different than the ones everyone was trying to emulate (some old Daniel Boone or French Trapper jacket make from deerskin).

Do you remember wearing jeans with the seam cut off the bottom of the legs so they would fray just so? If you recall, that was before we started wearing them with holes and paisley patches. The ones you wore frayed at the bottom were clean and neat otherwise.