All-Terrain Vehicle Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecialEd70

Jan 19, 2021
Mamchester, NJ
Because we were there, they never moved off the public road, and they never unloaded. The leader of the cleanup asked the ocean county sheriff to station men at the dirt road entrances off 532 and to advise them to go elsewhere. But the sherriff deputies unloaded atv's and did a little scouting around first, and meanwhile the trucks came in to offload. Then the deputies showed up while the ATV people were either sitting in their trucks or helping cleanup. They were told to move on, which they did.

Every one of the ATV people were very polite to us, and eager to show they were respectful of what we were doing. But.....
It is a unfortunate situation...while I sympathize with the ATV guys for not having anywhere legal to ride in NJ, but on the other Habs you have those from out of the area thinking it's a free for all.

This guy posted the other weekend, I advised him that he wasn't in Wharton but was in a Motorvehicle Restriction Area

He promptly deleted the post

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230408_122843_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230408_122843_Facebook.jpg
    748.3 KB · Views: 110

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Jon, it's good that you found out who it was. What was the outcome?
4 kids were riding two different types of illegal bikes, two on each bike. I heard them flying down my neighbors driveway, then down my street. I thought they were my neighbors kids, walked to his house, and he was clearly upset. He said the kids on the bikes lived behind him and tore through his backyard, down his driveway, then down my street. So I walked around the block to the perps house, walked up the driveway and saw four kids in front of a garage, the dirtbikes clearly visible at the front of the garage.

They froze, eyes bugging out of their heads. I asked them if their parents were home, they said no. So I explained to them, calmly, that they can't ride through back yards or down the street at 60 miles an hour. I told them they had driven over the corner pipe caps of my newly installed septic system, and almost started laughing at their frantic denials. They probably figured they were going to get beaten by their father, or mother's boyfriend, or taken down to the Medford Police Department.

I just said "You guys can't do it again, do you understand?" Greatly relieved I'm sure, they nodded and said "Don't worry, we won't."

The oldest could not have been more than 13 years old.

This happens times 1,000 all over the Pine Barrens. I just saw dirt bike tracks along the wetland bordering the Mullica, and along some of the sandy bank where people put in or rest.

I don't give a shit how many responsible dirt bike riders there are, or Bob, who told me "THE PINE BARRENS IS IN MY BLOOD AND NOT IN YOURS".

It needs to stop and there is no excuse.

This website has a lot of valuable information and experience. It is just too bad it is littered with regressive, stupid people who can't think clearly and think they have some sort of special, exclusive insight into what is going on in the woods. They don't.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
I wish you'd clean up your language Jon. I don't like a crude website.
Call people a liar is okay Bob? You leave that on the thread. Telling me that the forest is in your blood but not mine is okay?

If passive aggressive horseshit is your idea of actual dialogue, then you have options available to you.

If you don't like my language then censor me or ban me. Then you and Tony and the rest of the mensa's can have the site to yourselves.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
I wish you'd clean up your language Jon. I don't like a crude website.
You know, my first comment was inaccurate. One of the first images I posted was an otter, taken in the Muskee Creek. You questioned whether the shot was from the Pine Barrens, implying the background was rock, and not slick mud.

I realized then that you and a lot of the people that post are small minded, with a parochial, bigoted mindset.

Bigoted means "Obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, in particular prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group".

That pretty much sums it up.

Reactions: CurMUDgeon
Status
Not open for further replies.