another barren night

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I wonder if the spider knows it is safe if it stays on the frogs head? :) Great photo's Bill!

Guy

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
A striking collection of greens, Whip! I especially like their beautiful gold-rimmed eyes. CanNOT understand why they didn't take the pizza lure -- broccoli would have been a nice match.

The spider shot is remarkable, but the guy in the painting gets my vote for "Best of Show." He's outstanding for his colors, warmth, and that ineffable froggish grin. I'd like to hang his portrait on my wall.

Thanks again!
Glo

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Following in Guy's footsteps and visited Friendship bogs again this evening. This will probably be my final frogtography effort of the season. It was a muggy, mosquito filled evening. I found one very cooperative green frog and awaited some wonkers after sunset. I'll put these in two batches since there are quite a few. Thanks for looking.

Batch one:
aaIMG_0633.jpg

aIMG_0584.jpg

aIMG_0638.jpg

aIMG_0639.jpg

aIMG_0660.jpg

aIMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

zIMG_0640.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
which camera were these taken with?If the canon powershot it appears you learned how to use the macro.It's amazing what daylight can do.I hadn't realized how inferior a flash was to natural sunlight.
Alfie

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
which camera were these taken with?If the canon powershot it appears you learned how to use the macro.It's amazing what daylight can do.I hadn't realized how inferior a flash was to natural sunlight.
Alfie

These were all taken with the Powershot, Alfie. I prefer the Rebel for flash photos, which was with me last night -- but my recharged battery was still in its charger, home & 1.5 hours away. I forgot it. :(

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I like the eye shots. I will have to practice on getting them next year.

The next thing you/we should start doing is trying to find them the rest of the year. Maybe we will find some little ones.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
the only pb treefrog I ever found without hearing it call was in a hole in a dyke road at friendship bogs.Actually my step daughter found it while me,her mom and sister were walking around thebogs.She hollered Hey Al what is this and when i looked in the hole there was a PB staring up at me.Good Luck finding them when their silent.
Al

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Reflective water, and window, and eyes -- all so beautiful!
The green frog looks pensive here, and the pbtf seems to be holding on for dear life . . . I wonder whether they wonder about us too, and come to equally mistaken conclusions! LOL
Nice to see the blooms on your lovely birch-bark composition; they were pink buds in the report from May 18.

Thanks, Whip!

Glo

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I know its a year too late Bill, but I want to comment on that Sheep laurel / Birch photo. That is a superb photo that says so much about bogs and south jersey beauty. The light and shadows tops it off nicely. Was it morning light? Seems so.

Suitable for framing.

Reactions: glowordz

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
I know its a year too late Bill, but I want to comment on that Sheep laurel / Birch photo. That is a superb photo that says so much about bogs and south jersey beauty. The light and shadows tops it off nicely. Was it morning light? Seems so.

Suitable for framing.

Thanks, Bob. Evening light. That's when all the green-frog photos were taken as well, then the pine barrens tree frog after dark.

Going to visit Belleplain this evening in hopes of finding more pbtfs. They were out in full force on Monday evening at Friendship, but the cooler temps now along with Guy's not hearing any action at the same location last night has me wondering if I'll have any luck.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I forgot to tell you but the long skinny bog half way between quaker bridge and penn swamp be kickin! took the new bomb out there a couple nights ago and the PB's blew my ear drums out.can hear em from the road loud as can be.