Atsion Mansion Restoration

PineyPaul

Feb 25, 2008
When my uncle used play in the Atsion mansion that was about the late 40's to late 50's
The boats in the barn in Atsion or not row boat they are garvey a boat made in Nj. Used for duck and fowl hunting. I was told those boat were used at Atsion Lake.

PineyPaul

Feb 25, 2008
I would be happy in a Tar paper Shack. I am going to have a tar paper shack with a woodstove for heat,and cooking. I will use oil lamps. I will raise veg.chickens, and rabbits to eat.

PineyPaul

Feb 25, 2008
Suresue59003
Who is this person you are talking about. I might know him or her. I know a lot of people in shamong.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Yeah, didn't want to say anything, but I'm not buying it either, and haven't right along. But as Jerseyman says: it's a hoot anyway. I think the poster is "jumping the shark" with phrases like "fancy 'lectric," where he shows that he knows more about the uses of an apostrophe than the average hillbilly.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Back on the note of a perfectly good thread, any of you folks, especially those well met to photography documenting this project as it goes?
It would make for an awesome scrapbook as you don't get to see this type of thing ongoing often. I would have thought Guy would already be at it.
Or Whippoorbill making the restoration look like a Timothy Leary trip.
Or, how 'bout if no one person wanted to document or share, a new thread dedicated to the project in maybe Photo section? Everyone could get involved and contribute while this rather interesting event unfolds. perhaps kudos to those who could get the most candid shots. (Legally people, like with a little permission) Anything perceived as tresspass could bugger it for everyone. Group effort? sound fun? Just throwing it out there. Different people's photography styles and methods could really make it fun and Ben's site would have an actual ongoing documentary revolving around Pine Barrens history being made. Cool?
This thread's already been hijacked in a foolish manner so a fresh start would be nice. Just my thoughts.

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
. I would have thought Guy would already be at it.

I much more prefer being in the woods finding and photographing the obscure. However, when I pass by there the next time I will be stopping in and getting a few shots.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I much more prefer being in the woods finding and photographing the obscure. However, when I pass by there the next time I will be stopping in and getting a few shots.
Guy

I wasn't laying anything out on you. I was just using the example that it would sort of parallel the "Before & After" concept you're so good at.
Only it could be before,during, and after. I completely dig your wanting to be in the Big woods so much. Given more time so would I.
I must however, not in argument, but in opinion, say that the restoration project of the Atsion Mansion, given it's role in Pine Barrens history is hardly "obscure". The families alone and industry around it were significantly intertwined with so many aspects of the region, just as equally as Batsto.

g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Or Whippoorbill making the restoration look like a Timothy Leary trip.

Good one George!

I am a big fan of Whippoorbill's photo talents. Boyd and Freerider and Behr too. Long Island Piney has an eye for a photo setting too. And Guy's before/after really brings the pines to life by celebrating the history of OUR lifetime Pine Barren memories. Also, Mike242424 has an eye for nature; its detail and beauty.

PS: you yourself have a talent; the written word. Your posts are a lot of fun to read. It's the setup and the hook, you definitely have talent. Have you ever authored anything for a magazine or a book?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Yes Bob,
Good men & talents. I wanted to short no one. I can only imagine Boyd painting the mansion with the captured colors of a perfect sunset, others playing on close-ups, landscape mixes, the work itself, a pictoral story. Ben himself has recently taken a couple of creative angles.

Yes,
I like to write. Does it show? I have helped others a little but I have nothing authored or published in any form. Probably my largest shortcoming.
You've made me sad Bob.
Heartless Bastard.

g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
You've taken some nice photographs yourself Bob!

Kind of you to say Jeff!

I get lucky once in awhile is all. I also like how YOU pop out of the woods once in awhile when the illegal still fire burns out, or when you need more corn mash, or are making a cannonball run, or you caught the last pickeral in the bog, to give us a some of your true wilderness shots.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have one picture of the tarp up from a month ago when they were working on what I think was where the porch was. Is it possible to start a pictures folder than different members can contribute to?

You can upload them to your gallery, post them by starting a thread, and anyone can add to the thread. Then all the photo's would be together.

Guy