Barry Zeldin Podcast

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
"PS- one of my retired FBI agents is now a full time Paranormal investigator, he’s the guy who recorded the EVP and sent it to me, i met him through our other podcast, the word Beautiful is very clear on the original recording. "

Sorry, haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I'm wondering how this EVP recording might help the investigation. For that matter, is there any reason at all to take the idea of EVP recordings seriously?

Reactions: Ben Ruset
Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
"PS- one of my retired FBI agents is now a full time Paranormal investigator, he’s the guy who recorded the EVP and sent it to me, i met him through our other podcast, the word Beautiful is very clear on the original recording. "

Sorry, haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I'm wondering how this EVP recording might help the investigation. For that matter, is there any reason at all to take the idea of EVP recordings seriously?
It doesn’t help the investigation, it doesn’t hurt it either. If you haven’t listened to the podcast episode 2 you have no context for why we’re includIng it. You’ll also hate the next episode. The same people who discount EVP’s and psychic prediction are the same people who fill the pews on Sunday in my experience. You either choose to believe there’s something to it or you don’t. It’s a personal choice.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
It doesn’t help the investigation, it doesn’t hurt it either. If you haven’t listened to the podcast episode 2 you have no context for why we’re includIng it. You’ll also hate the next episode. The same people who discount EVP’s and psychic prediction are the same people who fill the pews on Sunday in my experience. You either choose to believe there’s something to it or you don’t. It’s a personal choice.

Correct, I have no context, which is why I asked. Why would you think I'd hate the next episode? I am not discounting anything out of hand; I do think there should be a good logical reason to believe something, however.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Man, you must be old ! :D

Well... yeah, I never tried to hide that fact. :D

But "Carriage Return" is actually the name of the ASCII character code that causes the end of a line of text with the cursor moving down a line. To be more precise, when you start a new paragraph that would be a Carriage Return and a Line Feed which is sometimes represented as

Code:
\r
\n

Anyway, I was thinking of the technical name and not letting my mind wander back to when I learned touch-typing on a manual Smith-Corona office typewriter in Miss Roberts class. ;)

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
my mind wander back to when I learned touch-typing on a manual Smith-Corona office typewriter in Miss Roberts class. ;)

AHHH the good ole daze :) I think I have 2 of those Smith-Corona's somewhere, should probably be quarantined ;) Also have a real old Underwood gathering dust with them.

Reactions: Boyd

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Typewriters... They were electrified for me but I've been pondering picking up a vintage one.

The podcast, never listened to one before yours on Barry (or since).
Didn't think I'd like it especially considering the length but it's interesting and look forward to more.
Not much to add BUT :)
I don't think there's a good argument dismissing the tower pings or lack of dog poo
If Barry didn't drive to his stand area where the vehicle was found do you think did?
By that I'm thinking what are the odds people who had a problem with him hunting in "their" area know where he has a stand 10mi away?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Everyone I’ve interviewed and spoken with has said they had some concerns about how the SAR teams conducted the search and so far Mr. Boddy and anyone else i’ve contacted hasn’t returned calls.

I have not commented on the search teams because I haven’t heard from them.

I spoke with those individuals when Jeff and I were there and they seemed very competent to me. I asked them where they wanted us to go where we would not interfere with the dogs. They showed us the search area's and our first search was right there along the road. Once we were done there they sent us over behind the tower where they said Boy Scouts or some scouting group had previously searched and they wanted it searched again.

Jeff and I systematically walked all over that area and eventually Jeff had to leave. I stayed much longer and it was later in the day before I left. They were still there waiting for the dogs to finish up. From my point of view they put in quite a bit of time and work on this matter, and they were very helpful and nice to us.

Reactions: Boyd
Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
I spoke with those individuals when Jeff and I were there and they seemed very competent to me. I asked them where they wanted us to go where we would not interfere with the dogs. They showed us the search area's and our first search was right there along the road. Once we were done there they sent us over behind the tower where they said Boy Scouts or some scouting group had previously searched and they wanted it searched again.

Jeff and I systematically walked all over that area and eventually Jeff had to leave. I stayed much longer and it was later in the day before I left. They were still there waiting for the dogs to finish up. From my point of view they put in quite a bit of time and work on this matter, and they were very helpful and nice to us.
You’re the first person who supplied good info about them, thank you.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BTW, I have a photo of the cell tower at Claytons in 2005.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
4/9/2005

IMG_5252a.JPG

Reactions: Wicked Garden
Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
Typewriters... They were electrified for me but I've been pondering picking up a vintage one.

The podcast, never listened to one before yours on Barry (or since).
Didn't think I'd like it especially considering the length but it's interesting and look forward to more.
Not much to add BUT :)
I don't think there's a good argument dismissing the tower pings or lack of dog poo
If Barry didn't drive to his stand area where the vehicle was found do you think did?
By that I'm thinking what are the odds people who had a problem with him hunting in "their" area know where he has a stand 10mi away?
Most if his stands were within 4-5 miles of the club which is next door to micks and i would not rule out him being followed from the club or from the Patten’s home where his blazer sat in the front yard in plain sight most of the year. It’s was a very distinctive looking vehicle (not in a good way). The family called it the green slime. You lost me on the cell pings.

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
Correct, I have no context, which is why I asked. Why would you think I'd hate the next episode? I am not discounting anything out of hand; I do think there should be a good logical reason to believe something, however.
Maybe you will, go listen to 2, 4 is going to be mostly about other things that require belief. My point in bringing it to this forum is to stir discussion and make peoplw aware in hopes that we can maybe get the case reopened or... collect enough new info to hand the family that info to hire a PI. This is about the best place to discuss things PB related i have found. There is a sense of urgency because Barry’s oldest grandson is dying so why omit anything? I did find out today from the family that “Beautiful” was Barry’s pet name for Janet. Could be a coincidence, maybe not.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have been listening to the podcast and I can't help repeating that Barry previously got lost in the woods and only a call to his friends and the cell phone he had brought him out. So why would everyone think it could not happen again? Not adding that into the equation seems reckless to me.