Barry Zeldin Podcast

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
....Additionally, i’ve had nobody confirm he ever got lost, it’s not in the police report either. As a matter of fact Bill says the direct opposite during his interview.

But you said he got lost before in the second installment of your podcast, and that he got out using his cell phone. You must have picked that up from somebody.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
He most likely got that from me. The police officer told you and I that when he stood at the widows of your truck.

Reactions: Wicked Garden
Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
One point that is dwelled upon in Episode 1 and mentioned elsewhere, is that it appeared to be out of the ordinary for Zeldin to have left the dog in the truck when he went into the woods. As I hunter, and also a man who also takes his dog everywhere, I would never take my dog into an area that I was going to hunt. I don't bait but I hunt areas where I run my dog nightly. During hunting season, my dog is run on the dirt roads and I have never taken him near a stand that I hunt.

Dogs and deer are not friends in the natural world. A rambling, unleashed dog leaves behind loads of detectable (by deer) scents including feces, urine, shampoo (if it's a lap dog) and pad scent. Deer in remote areas of the pines such as this are even more wary of canine scent since domestic dogs are canines and so are coyotes. The only domestic dogs those pines deer might have ever met would have been the occasional pack of not-so-deer-proof fox hounds. If Zeldin was truly a skilled hunter, he would not have taken the dog with him to check or bait a stand, in my opinion.
He took the dog with him everywhere, even into the stand and definitely in their to bait. I got another great story about his dog habits last night from another witness about the dog almost drowning when it fell off the boat. I personally can’t imagine a fox terrier keeping quiet in a stand. He owned fox terriers his whole life though and Taffy was apparently well behaved.

Attachments

• 57ABC52D-B5C1-4826-9714-7D1A34C63128.jpeg
    57ABC52D-B5C1-4826-9714-7D1A34C63128.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 189
Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
But you said he got lost before in the second installment of your podcast, and that he got out using his cell phone. You must have picked that up from somebody.
Yeah, i picked it up from this forum from the posts in 2013 so i assumed it was true. Yet... not in the report, family says no, witnesses say no so far. Even the witness from last night says no way. Damn Pine Barrens Forum, fake news, just kidding. Perhaps i’ll run into someone who remembers. So far, Debbie, Janet, Glenn, Bill, Ed all say it didn’t happen.

Reactions: bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BTW, the officers name was Sergeant Billing or Billings. I actually made a video of myself saying it in Bob's truck as we drove away.

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
BTW, the officers name was Sergeant Billing or Billings. I actually made a video of myself saying it in Bob's truck as we drove away.
That is fantastic! Thank you, i will try to track him down and see if he recalls where he got that. Actually if he recalls which hunter said it itcould be really helpful for me at this stage.

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
Here’s one more pic of Barry in the poconos with his grandson Taylor in happier times. This is a great pic

Attachments

• 3626DFE2-1B9C-49C4-B54E-AB2DFF65F3D5.jpeg
    3626DFE2-1B9C-49C4-B54E-AB2DFF65F3D5.jpeg
    756.3 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: RednekF350

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
And his vehicle parked at the tower. That was 3/16/2014 at 4:07PM. A rare afternoon outing with Bob.

IMG_4239a.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is fantastic! Thank you, i will try to track him down and see if he recalls where he got that. Actually if he recalls which hunter said it itcould be really helpful for me at this stage.

He may not know. He apparently was just reading case files. Then again he may know.

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
Did you ever locate Gabe, the guy who worked on Barry's boat? Not yet, heading over tomorrow to see if anyone is around, i’d be golden if i had a last name but Janet doesn’t remember
He may not know. He apparently was just reading case files. Then again he may know.
Taylor and the dog before Taffy fishing

Attachments

• 08C101AE-2BF9-4BF6-9E5D-7727F043D1E7.jpeg
    08C101AE-2BF9-4BF6-9E5D-7727F043D1E7.jpeg
    577.1 KB · Views: 206

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Mike, have you any theories on where he slept Tues and Wednesday (assuming he was not dead already)? When was the truck found again? I heard your female companion say in podcast two, "five days later" (his truck was found at the FAA tower). That would be Saturday.

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
Everyday talk to someone new, move forward, stay in information gathering mode, that’s the plan. I think if i allow myself to theorize at this point i’d be doing exactly what NJSP was forced to do. D brought up an interesting point last night, there was another case around that time close by that severely taxed the same resources used in Barry’s investigation. That one had a favorable result, i’m anxious to dig into that and see if the same dogs were used.

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
And to answer your question Bob, yep 9am on the 12th 4 members of Audubon Hunt Club found the blazer innWarren Grove they reported it to Officer Fedorchuk of the park police who refuses to speak to us, he reported it to the NJSP. Bill Swales, Kevin Swales, John Hall were there along with one other member i can’t recall right now.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It makes perfect sense that Officer Fedorchuk was told by his superiors to stay out of it and not talk to anyone about it once he contacted the State Police.

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
i spelled his name wrong ( Fedorczyk ). If they had asked him for a statement it would have been helpful. It’s not even clear if the 4 called the park police, called him directly, if he was dispatched because he was closest if he heard it on the radio and responded. Bill didn’t remember. Hopefully someone else will.