Beer (again)

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well well well, where do I start ?
It was a very beery weekend.
I started at Canal's Friday night and put together my own sixer of micros.
Here they are from "outstanding", to "pretty damn good", order. Not a loser in the bunch.
1. Flying Dog Double Dog Pale Ale. One of the best I have ever had.
2. Great Divide Hibernation Ale. A great seasonal ale.
3. Stoudts Scarlet Lady Ale. There are no bad Stoudt's
4. Boulder Beer Never Summer Ale. Great.
5. Smutty Nose IPA. Potent hops.
6. Flying Fish Winter Ale. Not crazy about the spice flavor.

It got even better on Saturday night when my youngest son brought home a selection of brews from college.
Ranking:
1. Troeginator Double Bock. The beer that eats like a meal. Unbelievably good, sweet and heavy.
2. Saranac Pomegranite Wheat. I thought this would be crappy but it was very good.
3. A grab bag case of beers and ales all from City Brewing in Lacrosse Wisconsin. So far so good with these.

My late mother used to tell me that her father (who died before I was born) was a happy, drunken Irish roofer.
At least I know something about my lineage and why I like beer but I don't do roofing.
:)

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
RednekF350, an excellent selection! Have had them all. Troeg's was covered recently on a PCNTV factory tour. They have quite a facility there in Harrisburg.
L.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
RednekF350, an excellent selection! Have had them all. Troeg's was covered recently on a PCNTV factory tour. They have quite a facility there in Harrisburg.
L.

Pinelandpaddler had given me a Troegs Nugget Nectar a while ago.
Man was that good!
Their double bock is excellent. I was expecting an almost black beer but it is really a beautiful dark reddish amber.
Each time I drink it I find different flavors hiding in the brew.

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
Have you had the Mad Elf? Best to drink that one at home...sitting on the edge of your bed! Those brothers are doing a fine job, also they are nice folk. Add in Dogfish Head, Victory, etc. Ah, what a great area we live in!

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Sue Gremlin said:
I flew through Salt Lake City, Utah yesterday and while I was in the airport, I picked up some of this.
http://dogberrypatch.com/archives/po...have-just-one/

Good stuff. I went on a field trip to Utah last Spring with the Stockton College Geology Club. I picked up a few bottles of Polygamy Porter along with some Evolution Amber Ale. Pretty good, though low in alchohol due to Utah's crazy Mormon beer laws. Get this, State law prohibits patrons from carrying beer around a bar or restaurant. I laughed when I was yelled at for attempting to walk from the bar to my table with a pint in hand. Turns out this is no laughing matter in Utah!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
MMM...Quite a tasty ale my Pine Barren Community of believers in fine beers.

INNAGADAMD.JPG

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Iron Butterfly! You can down a couple beers during the drum solo! For the younger members that is what is called an album. It is made of vinyl and made scratching and popping sounds when played.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Iron Butterfly! You can down a couple beers during the drum solo! For the younger members that is what is called an album. It is made of vinyl and made scratching and popping sounds when played.

My ride from work is +/- eighteen minutes long any given day. I can roll out with the beginning of this, roll to a stop in my yard at the end, and with no herbal enhancements, completely have lost everything in between. This song takes ahold of your mind man! It's trip music that can wack you out stone sober.
Gad I miss good vinyl yet there are some fine recordings still out there.
I don't dig the beer thread but I'll take that LP off your hands any day good buddy Bob, you handsome young gent.

g.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I just finished a Double Dog Pale Ale after hearing so much about it from Scott and Gabe. What a brew!!! I'm going to bed now so Santa doesn't pass me by!!!

Scott I ran into your son at work the other day. Look forward to sharing an ale w/ you guys soon!

Peace