Beer (again)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobpbx, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Jerseyman

Jerseyman Piney

Hmmm—I guess you just happen to have that quote “handy”??

Best regards,
    Jerseyman

2. BEHR655

BEHR655 Piney

Did you read this morning what you wrote last night?

Steve

3. MarkBNJ

MarkBNJ Piney

I usually wait at least a week before rereading it.

Ok, that's a lie. I re-read more than I write.

4. BEHR655

BEHR655 Piney

What is it that you write?

Steve

5. RednekF350

RednekF350 Piney

I guess that was too much to fit on a tee shirt.
    Oh well, now I know old Ben loved the magic of vino as do I.

6. ICANOE2

ICANOE2 Explorer

A guy would have trouble sampling every beer there.

I've been to a few beer fests at Stouts Brewery in Adamstown Pa, they would have 25 brewers and each would have at least 2 beers. You can get pretty tore from the 4hr session, it's one hell of a great time.

All the beer down in AC, all I can say is WOW!:guinness:.......Mike

7. pinelandpaddler

Scott, beware. I've blacked out from beer but once in my life, and it happened to be the day I went to the Celebration of the Suds in A.C.

8. pinelandpaddler

I've been meaning to get out to one of those PA beer fests. They do beer right in that state, IMHO.

9. lgench

lgench Explorer

After switching from vodka and tonic to beer in my early fifties, I have attended many beer festivals. I can never drink my money's worth; I just enjoy taking sips of all those fabulous brews. And yes, Stoudts in Adamstown does it the best. And they do it three times a year. The one in the fall sells out early. Add to that excellent German food and you will have a fine time.

10. infinite sameness

Yummm

:guinness:Aaaaaahhhhh, the crisp taste of any cold brewed refreshment is always a joyous occasion I happen to fancy the German style wheat and Belgian beers but the Champagne of Beers is an ol time classic dear to my heart CHEERS to whatever tastey beverage lightens your spirits!!

11. infinite sameness

mmmmmmmmmmm

Genesee Cream Ale yummmy cheap beer mmmmmmm

12. bobpbx

bobpbx Piney
    Staff Member

I assume from your avatar that you just woke up?

:rofl:

13. Ben Ruset

Ben Ruset Administrator
    Site Administrator

Newcastle Brown is another good beer. Bob, you might enjoy it. It's a bit heavier than High Life or PBR, but it's very smooth and has a nice taste.

PBR still is your best bet. Buy some and if you don't like it I'll come and take it off your hands.

14. MarkBNJ

MarkBNJ Piney

My writing falls into two broad categories. The first is technical/engineering articles on software, of which I have published 25 or so over the last two decades, mostly in journals that are now long-gone, or almost gone, like Dr. Dobb's Journal, Software Development, PC Techniques, etc.

The second category consists entirely of half-finished works of fiction in long and short forms, of which I have published jack-squat, and probably never will :).

15. RednekF350

RednekF350 Piney

I just blacked out when I saw the price of $45.00 per session.
    My son said it was only $25.00 last year.
    I don't think I will be partaking.

16. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

See.....when you all post about how fascinated you are about beer, they raise the price of anything that has to do with it. If I went to a juice convention I bet I would not have to pay that much. :) It pays to not talk about what you drink. Now watch the price of juice go up :(

Guy

17. ChrisNJ

ChrisNJ Explorer

Wow the lack of appreciation for good beer here is disapointing :-( Although you can drink Bud and Coors and Genny out of the can with no difference to the taste, I would rather drink diet Coke as those beers are a waste of good calories. Its a big world out there and I think the beer is like food, you guys eat the same dinners every week also ? Ever travel out of NJ ? LOL better stay away from Canals and Wegmans as they must be scary places LOL.

18. PinesExplr

PinesExplr Scout

philly scene

I was a coors, mich guy for years (although in strict moderation) until my wife had me in a kitchen store in Vt on a rainy day. The only thing that interested me in the entire place was a beer guidebook. Who knew there was so much to know and thousands of variations of four simple ingredients. Been sampling ever since.

Of the western breweries: Rogue (Brutal Bitter, Shakespear Stout, et al.), Sierra, Anchor (Liberty Ale). Eastern: Smutty Nose IPA, Harpoon, Long Trail (Double Bagger, Hibernator), Southampton Secret Ale (fine brewery).

I can't seem to find a philly area favorite quite yet -- maybe I should go to the Phila beer week events & sample some. Actually, Triumph in now in Philly, they have a good IPA.

cheers, ed

19. Ben Ruset

Ben Ruset Administrator
    Site Administrator

I could never get into Anchor Steam beer. Tried it in San Fran and some places around here and it just didn't agree with me.

For a while there was a microbrewery in Red Bank making beer, but I think they closed before I turned 21.

20. YETI

YETI Scout

I grew up and lived in Philly until 1990 before migrating to south Jersey. In Philly we drank the big three, Bud, Coors light, and Miller light. My first buzz came at the hands of Schlitz. Now I enjoy the likes of Yeungling, Sam Adams(love the Octoberfest), Guiness, and the occasional half and half.
    Paul