Beer (again)

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I agree. But it is a little upsetting that they sold out. I know the economy is tough, our dollar sucks, and they got a good offer. But the american lager, king of beers, you think of america. It just will make me think twice before purchasing it. Maybe i'll have to move on and try different beers now. There is plenty of suggestions i can find on this thread i know.

But the new company is going to be headquartered in St. Louis and most of the management will stay the same.

When you think of Chevrolet, do you think of America? Because they've rebadged a lot of Toyota's and Daewoos. When you think of Acura, do you think Japan? Because they're headquartered in Ohio.

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
But the new company is going to be headquartered in St. Louis and most of the management will stay the same.

When you think of Chevrolet, do you think of America? Because they've rebadged a lot of Toyota's and Daewoos. When you think of Acura, do you think Japan? Because they're headquartered in Ohio.

I see where you are coming from and i understand they will not close the breweries, move them overseas, and fire everybody, but things will change. When i think of chevy yea i still think of america. I think ford owns volvo(it could have switched), i still think sweedish. Im not saying im hard core only buy things american made, i never buy outside the US, but i just thought bud would not sell out.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm back on Miller High Life right now. I really like this beer, and naturally turn to it. Try it iced cold, and only in bottles. Man-oh-man!

I like bud too....

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
Last month I went to the Maiden concert and the only beer that was brought for tailgating was Miller Lite. It was horrible. Of course I had to force about 6 or 7 down just to get a buzz. Thankfully there was Yuengling inside the venue. The best 12 dollar beer I ever drank. No offense to Miller but it ain't my cup of tea, or should I say pee.

UP THE IRONS
Paul

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
I agree. But it is a little upsetting that they sold out. I know the economy is tough, our dollar sucks, and they got a good offer. But the american lager, king of beers, you think of america. It just will make me think twice before purchasing it. Maybe i'll have to move on and try different beers now. There is plenty of suggestions i can find on this thread i know.

did they sell out or get bought out?

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
This past Thursday I pulled an old Bud can out of the Mullica just past the Plastic Bridge. It had the old pull tab top style. When did they stop making those old cans?

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Bob, any new brews on your palate? BTW, your cannonball mold is at my house.

Anyone try any pumpkin ales this year? Smuttynose is probably my favorite.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Pumpkin ales give me the heebies.

I do like all of the Oktoberfest brews this time of year now. Give me a nice cold Oktoberfest beer and a fire in my outdoor fireplace on a cold night and I am a happy man.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I had the best beer I've ever drank in my life last night. I was at a steakhouse in Manhattan, and they had Orval Trappist Ale. Absolutely blew my mind.

The aroma was so strong, it had a very citrusy smell to it, with a hint of smoke. The smell was actually stronger than the taste of the beer, which went down really smooth. It was almost like drinking a glass of wine. It's not a beer for pounding back, nor is it a beer that you drink all night. It's a beer to have one or two with dinner and savor. I spent about an hour drinking one glass, and even though it had turned warm it was still absolutely delicious.

Attachments

• 134 - Orval.JPG
    134 - Orval.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 216
Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Orval is one of my favorites too, Ben! It's hard to describe it, isn't it? Somewhat musty, but that's a good thing. I've had only one or two other beers that come close to the unique taste of Orval.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Beer, once again (part III)?

I saw a lawn sign today advertising this;

SPECIALTY BEER EVENT

Friday November 21

Come enjoy a variety of specialty beers & food !!!

TIME: 7:00 – 10:00 p.m.

COST: $40 in advance/ $45 at the door

TO PURCHASE TICKETS: call (856) 223-9900

From the site www.mullicahillrotary.org