Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
:muffin::muffin::muffin:

Check it out:

http://www.njpinebarrens.com

Moved the front page over to new software, and gave it a new look. It should be easier for people to use and navigate.

Let me know what you think. It's still a work in progress (a lot of the downloads aren't there yet, for example.)

The forums will be changing to match the new color scheme in the coming days/weeks/months.

Edit: Make sure you try clicking on the photo thumbnails in Guy's article. :)

:siren::siren::siren:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice! I like the way the photo's load. It's a keeper for me!

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I love the way the photo's open. It looks so ... Mac like :dance::D

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This happened the last time you changed the site, so I want to see if anyone else is having the same concern. The link color is too light and I am having a hard time seeing which links are new. A slight change to the color I believe the last time fixed that. Anyone else?

Guy

Oct 25, 2006
Colors are way lighter, except the black color is very pronounced.

The olive green is now a very light lime green.

The tan color has a slightly pinkish hue to it.

Jim

Oct 25, 2006
If you go to the forum site do you have a problem trying to see which links are new and which one's are not?

Guy

Guy

Most definitely.

Added note:

I have been using Mozilla lately and i have no trouble getting into the site, i just tried ie6 and the first time my computer crashed, successive attempts i am getting an error message saying the site is not responding.

Jim

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I think the site looks good, has a fresh new, sunny look. Regarding the links, on the forum main page it's obvious because they have an orange pine tree next to them. But when you go to an individual forum there isn't much difference between the style of the unread vs read threads. The unread threads have a slightly bolder face, but it's pretty hard to tell the difference.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Ok, so the only thing I can think of that would do what Guy was talking about was change the color of visited links, so I made them lighter.

To me, it looks awful, but let me know if that what you guys were talking about.

In the old theme, the visited links and active links were the same color.