Beta Test the New NJPineBarrens.com

Oct 25, 2006
That's your computer. Make sure it's set to high color (32 bit.)

Thanks Ben

I just returned from a very brief outing, my step daughter for some reason, she left before i got home, changed it to 16 bit. Everything looking great.

Jim

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The links in the blue square I visited, and the other three I have not. The color to me is too close to easily distinguish the difference. Maybe it is just me but I am having a problem with it.

site.jpg

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Some of the icons aren't loading in my browser now... it wasn't doing this earlier today. Tried restarting Safari, etc. but no difference... see attached example.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 338

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am more concerned with the actual threads themselves. You can barely discern in this photo which posts are new and which ones I have read. This causes me to miss posts as it did in the past. Maybe it is just me who has a problem seeing those colors, but the fact is I do.

site1.tiff

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I agree Guy, as I stated above. Are you seeing the question marks for missing icons like my example above? It's still happening for me.

I think the gremlins are out today. Have had several outages on my Sirius satellite radio and my cell phone has just stopped working! :(

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I'm confused. With the old style there were no colors showing that there are new posts in a thread that you have already read. The only way that there could be a different color for a new thread is if there was a different color for a link that you have already clicked on and a new link -- and that was not set up in the old style.

Additionally, the forum displays different icons next to the posts to show if there are new posts. See attached.

After I finish this post I will enable the old theme. You can select it in the dropdown box in the bottom left corner. It's called "NJPB" - the new theme is "NJPB-Work." Can you do me a favor and select the old theme and make a screen shot of what you're talking about because I honestly have no idea of the functionality that you're talking about.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 311

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Thanks Ben, that fixed it. Here's an example of what Guy is talking about. Notice how the unread thread is much more prominent in boldfaced type

Attachments

• x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 323

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I'm confused. With the old style there were no colors showing that there are new posts in a thread that you have already read. The only way that there could be a different color for a new thread is if there was a different color for a link that you have already clicked on and a new link -- and that was not set up in the old style.

Additionally, the forum displays different icons next to the posts to show if there are new posts. See attached.

After I finish this post I will enable the old theme. You can select it in the dropdown box in the bottom left corner. It's called "NJPB" - the new theme is "NJPB-Work." Can you do me a favor and select the old theme and make a screen shot of what you're talking about because I honestly have no idea of the functionality that you're talking about.

Ok here it is. Notice the link that has not been viewed is very easy to see. That is how I look for new posts.

site2.jpg

Update: Can you make new posts Bold? That might help.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Here's the same thing with the new style - notice how the typefaces of the old and new threads look very similar. BTW, why can't we attach more than one image per post? :)

Attachments

• x3.jpg
    x3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 321

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice one Boyd. Same photo almost :) I find that much easier to view.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Okay, so now that we've determined that the problem is that new posts aren't being bolded, :dance:, lets see if it's fixed.

BTW, you can't make a new post and then go back and see if it's bold. It counts the post as if you've read it if you post it. So what I did was have two browsers open, one logged in and one logged out (IE and Firefox, so no cookies were shared between the two.)

I can clearly see the new thread as bold.

I did change a template, which may or may not have solved it.

Here's the same thing with the new style - notice how the typefaces of the old and new threads look very similar. BTW, why can't we attach more than one image per post?

Attachments get stored right in the database as opposed to files on the disk. If you're showing pictures of your day, you'd want those in your gallery. If you want to show a one-off, an attachment is fine. If you need to show multiple images and don't want to upload them to your gallery (and you shouldn't put screenshots in your gallery) then use Imageshack or one of those types of services.

Attachments

• bold.jpg
    bold.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 303