Closing West Mill Road

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The right of way for the road may be 30 to 60 feet so they may be on his property.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I've been following this for a while since it in essence closes off thousands of acres when you consider the condition of Rockwood Road and the bridge at Pleasent Mills church.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I spoke to Hammonton's municipal engineer last week and he had no knowledge of the situation. He has been their engineer forever and I would think he would have at least heard some scuttlebutt. Vacation of municipal roads requires the adoption of an ordinance.
One thing I noted is that on the Hammonton tax maps, the road in question starting at 206 is labeled as "Public Road right-of-way as travelled " West "Mills"Road is only mapped on the west side of 206 on the municipal tax maps.
I had a rough week at work and really had no time to look at this further this past week. I'll see what I can learn this week.

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
I spoke to Hammonton's municipal engineer last week and he had no knowledge of the situation. He has been their engineer forever and I would think he would have at least heard some scuttlebutt. Vacation of municipal roads requires the adoption of an ordinance.
One thing I noted is that on the Hammonton tax maps, the road in question starting at 206 is labeled as "Public Road right-of-way as travelled " West "Mills"Road is only mapped on the west side of 206 on the municipal tax maps.
I had a rough week at work and really had no time to look at this further this past week. I'll see what I can learn this week.
I noticed on tax map west mill is actually called paradise lane

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I noticed on tax map west mill is actually called paradise lane
At its intersection with 206, the road is unnamed and joins Paradise Lane a little further into the woods. Chew Road is coming in from the top of the page in this clip of the tax map
paraNoname.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Not my cup of tea or whatever but some folks like this type of gathering: http://www.beardfest.net/
I definitely have no business in a place like that.Most of the boys there look like they couldn't grow a set of whiskers if their life depended on it.Always liked Hippie music but never dug the Hippie scene. I"ll share about anything but when it comes to my woman Hippies will start flying through the air.

I thought a Beardfest would be full of Phil Robertsons not bare chested Pewee Hermans.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I definitely have no business in a place like that.Most of the boys there look like they couldn't grow a set of whiskers if their life depended on it.Always liked Hippie music but never dug the Hippie scene. I"ll share about anything but when it comes to my woman Hippies will start flying through the air.

I thought a Beardfest would be full of Phil Robertsons not bare chested Pewee Hermans.
More hipster than hippie

Reactions: manumuskin

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Kind of what I've been saying (although not on this site). Town council would have to pass a resolution and that would be fairly recent and easy to find in the minutes online. If he puts a gate up and it's not his property, we will know then.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
As I don't know all the fact I can't really say much. However, this will clarify to everyone where his property actually is. You can see that West Mill Road passes north of his property corner which is shown in my photo above. It has been that way for at least 119 years and most likely much longer.

West Mill.JPG

However, I believe there is more to this as I am hearing he has been in court. So he may be claiming that he owns more. When the Wharton survey team surveyed that area they actually missed the property that has the Rockwood ruins on them even today. It turns out that was private property and the state did not realize it. Even when the MAP was made they missed it which I informed them of. I just had to do it if you know what I mean. I think you do.:D Anyway, we don't have all the info yet so we will have to wait and see. I believe the state is working on it but I may be wrong. I really hope they are or at least were.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I happened to drive by today. Judging by the size of the I beams installed it seems like a serious gate is planned. Also just as a note there is a state sign posted saying the area is patrolled. FWIW there is one posted on the main drive to the campground as well.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I saw it when I went by today. Lets see how long they are there.