Fix Our Parks

NJCoastal

Scout
Oct 19, 2021
Mount Laurel, NJ
I’m in Assateague National Park until Saturday night. Sunday is the earliest I can meet.

581F2C86-2AFE-4062-91CD-444CB21E19BF.jpeg

46BB6522-B524-4437-AADA-96A7E884E57F.jpeg

NJCoastal Kayaking At Assateague National Seashore 2022-07-15.jpeg

Last edited:

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Depending on traffic, I'm a 1.5-2h drive to the Pic. I'm not really comfortable drinking at all and driving that distance.

Also just the idea of talking about closing roads and how the players involved acted really brings back a lot of awful memories of how the first MAP fiasco affected me and, while this is absolutely not a knock on anybody involved, I really don't want to relive it.

Reactions: Boyd and NJCoastal

NJCoastal

Scout
Oct 19, 2021
Mount Laurel, NJ
Depending on traffic, I'm a 1.5-2h drive to the Pic. I'm not really comfortable drinking at all and driving that distance.

Also just the idea of talking about closing roads and how the players involved acted really brings back a lot of awful memories of how the first MAP fiasco affected me and, while this is absolutely not a knock on anybody involved, I really don't want to relive it.
We can limit the discussions to what we agree on, but I’ll listen mostly to the thoughts of the rest of the group. Input is key to understanding the entire scope. We can meet somewhere that is an almost equal drive time for all.

G. Russell Juelg

Explorer
Jul 31, 2006
Burlington County

I understand, but what I'm suggesting is not to relive the past, but rather to pick up where we are right now and work on some things we all agree on. I have to run out to FPP for a few hours, but I'll check back in to see if anyone wants to grab a beer this afternoon/evening. I'm also available for Sunday.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I won’t be attending. I don’t drink. As mentioned, I pretty much agree with everything except closing roads. I am and always will be totally against that. The thought of someone telling me where I can and can not go responsibly is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
I won’t be attending. I don’t drink. As mentioned, I pretty much agree with everything except closing roads. I am and always will be totally against that. The thought of someone telling me where I can and can not go responsibly is unacceptable.
Could not have said it better myself! except for the drinking part! :guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness:

Reactions: NJCoastal

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Sorry I have not replied or posted much. I have been in Vermont all week and just returned home. I did not want to say anything because my wife was home alone.

NJCoastal

Scout
Oct 19, 2021
Mount Laurel, NJ
Russel and I had a respectful conversation. Tommy was unable to attend.

Subsequent to our conversation I decided to:
  1. acquire first-hand information not limited to plans and progress,
  2. contribute to help achieve the "Specific Campaign Goals" (with the emphasis on outdoor public land recreation for all to enjoy, challenging unreasonable exclusions), and
  3. to provide comments to address my personal outdoor recreation concerns.
Hence the reasons for me joining the #FixOurParks campaign.

"Dear Joe,

Thank you for signing up as a #FixOurParks campaign volunteer. You are on the front lines with us, and we will send you the latest news and alerts directly to your inbox.

We look forward to working with you to protect the public lands of the Highlands Area, the Pinelands National Reserve, and all of New Jersey's State Parks, Wildlife Management Areas, and Natural Areas.

There will be upcoming events, clean-ups, tours and opportunities to speak out. We will keep you informed about upcoming actions and key events.

Please contact me if you have any questions. I can be reached by email at Jason@PinelandsAlliance.org

Thank you,
Jason Howell
Public Lands Advocate
Pinelands Preservation Alliance"

Reactions: TommyP

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am glad you joined and I hope you come away from it with something that makes you feel it was worthwhile.

Reactions: NJCoastal

NJCoastal

Scout
Oct 19, 2021
Mount Laurel, NJ
I am glad you joined and I hope you come away from it with something that makes you feel it was worthwhile.
Thank you. In the 1990s I was on the Erial Little League Board of Directors, participated in round table discussions related to the planning of the Gloucester Township Community Park, and was on the Zoning Board of Adjustment, so I’m familiar with the back and forth discussions that I may, or may not, agree with. Public service on the resident level is part of my DNA. However, I don’t tolerate hidden agendas, hypocrisy, and straying from the purpose and mission statements announced by organizations.

Reactions: Wick