Fix Our Parks

JerseyDevil

Scout
Dec 22, 2003
Jackson, NJ
I don't think this guy Tony takes any crap.

1659107844490.png

Tony

Scout
Jul 30, 2015
Folsom
We have guys trespassing on our property with there racing numbers on their bikes. Now that's stupid. They should at least be smart enough to act like an outlaw if they're going to play one on you tube.
I believe they already do that. We would not know if they issued some of those YouTube guys tickets

Reactions: JerseyDevil
Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
A scientist who studies snakes and turtles stated he sees them "dead" all the time. He is looking for them, and apparently you are not.

Ed, I am in the forest all the time too, and I don't notice dead snakes and turtles on sand roads either. But someone who is looking for, and taking photographs of (John, not me), stated he sees them "dead" all the time. I believe him.

He must have the data to share. I'd be interested to see it.

Reactions: JerseyDevil

Tony

Scout
Jul 30, 2015
Folsom
Ok let all start looking on the trails when we are in the pines and document how many
dead animals you find on the trail. Only count it if it on the right of way of the trail and if it looks like it was struck by a vehicle. I am interested to see how many are found.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Lots of road-kill on the paved highways. Should we shut them down?

Interesting aside: Jason Howell once told me he'd rather see highways closed off than see a member of an endangered species struck by a vehicle.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Interesting aside: Jason Howell once told me he'd rather see highways closed off than see a member of an endangered species struck by a vehicle.
He is correct about the problem with highways but unfortunately it just isn't going to happen.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Personally, I don't want to see any kind of gruesome pictures in the forum. I don't even like to see pictures of healthy snakes. :D

However, I want to point out a relatively new feature of the Xenforo software that runs the forum. You can hide any content (text and/or photos) such that people need to click on it using the "spoiler feature". I am not suggesting that this would make it OK to post photos of dead animals though - that is up to Ben to decide!

Just use the spoiler tag before and after whatever you would like to hide, such as this terrifying bug! :eek:

spoiler1.png

Here's what that would look like in actual use - click on it to show the image

bug.jpg

Or you can get a little fancier and create a custom spoiler button by adding text to the first tag, like this

fancy.png

And this is what the fancy spoiler looks like.

bug.jpg

Note - there is also an "ispoiler" tag, however that just blurs the text or image, so it may still be recognizable.

Last edited: