Genealogy Issues

Marcia

Jul 30, 2012
Myself, and I am sure others, go on this website to research genealogy issues . Many of my early New Jersey ancestors lived in this area. My question is; What is the best place to post new genealogy discoveries or ask questions.
Marcia

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Are you asking where on this site is best to post? If so, I would suggest the General Discussion Forum.

Marcia:

I concur with Teegate about where to post your genealogical queries, but with this caveat. There are numerous national and regional genealogical forums, e.g., Ancestry, Genforum, Rootsweb, New Jersey Genealogical Forum, etc., where you can post queries and your findings about families you are researching. There are few, however, on these forums, which primarily cover the natural and cultural history of the Pine Barrens, that would be interested in learning that you found your g-g-g-g-grandfather Jehoshaphat Jones that lived in East Japip unless you can specifically relate that person to Pine Barrens or even South Jersey history. I suspect Ben would like to keep that kind of traffic to a minimum. As you know, I and others here have aided your research in the past and I see no change to that assistance in the future. We only ask that you and other genealogists keep in mind that this is not a website dedicated to genealogy.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well said Jerseyman. If they are related to the pines I and others would be interested in learning what she and others have to say. If not, then as you say it would be better to keep that info off the site.