Get out and vote!!!

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Election is coming on Tuesday and it is a historic one. I never registered so many voters in my life. And everyone I have talked to says the same and agrees that the number of young people registering is at an all time high. Also the numbers of seniors registering that have never voted in their life is amazing.

So we don't care how you vote or who you vote for...JUST DO IT!!!!

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
While it’s not a popular view, I also feel it does matter who you vote for. I never agreed with encouraging people to vote just to blindly pull a lever and exercise their rights. Poorly informed or uneducated voters are part of the reason our country is in the state it’s in. I’m not suggesting literacy tests or anything like that, as was done in the past for racist reasons. But dragging people out to vote who otherwise wouldn’t isn’t doing the nation any great good.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I agree. I'd rather have fewer informed voters than multitudes of people voting who really don't care.

When I was a business economics major back in college I felt there should be proficiency tests as a requirement for voting privileges. I have since changed my opinion on that matter entirely.

John Stossel wrote a book where he suggests people who are uninformed about presidential candidates exercise their right to not vote. He of course, recieved some critizism for the suggestion, but he made a point that he was not suggesting people's voting privilages be taking away, but just to be responsible when voting.

Jeff

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
woodjin said:
I agree. I'd rather have fewer informed voters than multitudes of people voting who really don't care.

When I was a business economics major back in college I felt there should be proficiency tests as a requirement for voting privileges. I have since changed my opinion on that matter entirely.

John Stossel wrote a book where he suggests people who are uninformed about presidential candidates exercise their right to not vote. He of course, recieved some critizism for the suggestion, but he made a point that he was not suggesting people's voting privilages be taking away, but just to be responsible when voting.

Nice post. I don't feel so bad now.

Though, writing Bob in sounds like a good idea.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They need to go back to the days when the person who came in second became the Vice President. This would keep the President in check with the possible chance his "partner" was looking out for the other side, and you and I. I would be voting for the other person this year if not for their Vice President choice.

Guy

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
They need to go back to the days when the person who came in second became the Vice President. This would keep the President in check with the possible chance his "partner" was looking out for the other side, and you and I. I would be voting for the other person this year if not for their Vice President choice.

Guy
I have heard this a lot. Makes one wonder what he was thinking when he made his choice.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I don't think either of them made a good VP pick. Palin was an obvious attempt to pander to women and the right-wing evangelical vote, and as for Obama, he's all about change and he picks Joe Biden? Change is the one thing that will never come out of a race with three Senators in it.

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
If you didn't support the $800bil bailout of the Wall Street Banksters, then vote against every single politician that voted for it.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I spent 30 minutes behind the curtain, I only get to do it so infrequently I want to savour every moment :dance: :dance: :dance:

Nice to have 10 choices for prez & vice-prez, to bad I've never heard of the majority of them.....

jmaul

Dec 11, 2007
Nice to have 10 choices for prez & vice-prez, to bad I've never heard of the majority of them.....

Yeah, I've seen Nader's name before, but who the heck is this McCain character or 'that one', Obama :rolleyes:

Just got back from the polls. Didn't take me any longer than usual, which is only a few minutes.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Took about 5 minutes. The guy in front of me had some sort of problem, and then waitied for his wife to finish her registration before he went and voted, so they jammed up both machines at the same time. :argh: