Get Together: Nov 29, 2008 - Deep Hollow, Mary Ann Forge, and Beck's Canal

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Enjoy the trip everyone.
You will certainly gain an appreciation for your tour guide Ben Ruset.
Ben is a man that truly loves the pines and loves them enough to keep this world class website running every single day.
I can't make it because my younger son is home from college and wants one last crack at dropping Bambi with an arrow on the last day of permit bow.
Please hit Mayo's when you're done and hoist a few to Ben!
Scott

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Ben and I have spent a considerable amount of time disscussing this area and it's history and mysteries. I am sure you all will have a great time on the tour. It is one of the most historically rich areas in the barrens. Have fun.

Jeff

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Ben,

My day has just cleared up for me tomorrow, so I might be joining you and your group. This will depend upon if I can motivate my boys to come along with me. The headcount would be three if this works out. Sorry for the late response.

Bill

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Ben, I wanted to make a group outing, and put some faces with the names, but both my kids were home for the weekend (first time in quite a while) and we had plans with them. Hopefully if there is another I'll be able to go. Hope you had a great day today.

I just got in the door. I am suprises I am the first one here to respond to the awesome day that Bubbamax and I had. Thankyou friends for letting us tag along with all of you, I feel like I met some life long lost friends for the first time. cant wait for the next one . I tell you what if there was a presidential election for the pines (Ben) won the Primary today. Gotta run and chase the little ones around for a bit, get back with Bubba's pictures in a bit. once again it was great to beable to go out and meet a fine bunch of gentlemen as yourselves and beable to do what Bubbamax and I love. Thanks again Ben

here's how the day started

nov 29 2008 051.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
For the second time I was called away from an outing for problems at home. This time the drain clogged causing the washer to flood the bathroom. I had to leave early to call a plumber to clean out the drain to the street. In any event, I enjoyed meeting those who attended and will leave my phone off on the next site outing. I am sorry Ben I could not continue to the end.

Guy

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
What a great day! Excellent scenery, beautiful weather, and great company. Thanks for putting it together Ben.
My son was out within five minutes of getting in the car. He really enjoyed himself.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5209.jpg

kids-dragging-sticks tracks!

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

Grendel shares slag

IMG_5227.jpg

Bubba Max with a toothy smile

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

Eric (son of Grendel), BubbaMax (world famous photographer) and Stefan (son of a photographer who needs practice)

IMG_5226.jpg

Chuck (father of world famous photographer) and Mike (member Mts83)

IMG_5234.jpg

the rare vintage Pepsi Cola swamp tree

IMG_5228.jpg

the abandoned campground road

IMG_5238.jpg

the canal-side hike

IMG_5235.jpg

a Beck in Beck's canal (no relation)

IMG_5224.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

Ben ... thank you! It was a pleasure being with such great company today. Encore soon!

Bill

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I had an excellent time on a beautiful day and met some great people. The kids were running in overdrive the whole trip, it's no wonder that they konked out as soon as they hit their car seats! After decades of driving through these woods I was able to see some historic sites. I had gotten close to some but with your help I got to see them. Thanks Ben, I'm looking forward to the next one.