Attachments

• nov 29 2008 047.jpg
    nov 29 2008 047.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 276

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
Thank you Ben for a wonderful and informative day and the time you put forth in scouting the day in advance.

It was great meeting some of the faces of the site, hearing stories and observing of the various interests that the members here have. I particularly enjoyed having the young group of explorers join us so thanks to the Dad's who brought them along. Their presence brought back many memories of my youth and they were simply so much fun to watch. They offered the added benefit for me personally of being able to locate the group when bringing up the rear!

Looking very forward to doing this again!

Bill

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Nice picture Chuck, I look like the guy in charge of the lunchroom back in gradeschool. The one thing that I noticed was that we didn't see any wildlife. I was sure the kids would kick up a deer.

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
Nice picture Chuck, I look like the guy in charge of the lunchroom back in gradeschool. The one thing that I noticed was that we didn't see any wildlife. I was sure the kids would kick up a deer.

They did kick the deer up, only it was happening about five miles out from where we were!

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
Just echoing everybody else’s comment's here. It was a great hike organized by Ben, a guy who certainly knows his South Jersey history which made it all the more interesting. All the sites/ruins were great, with the few side attractions/surprises interesting as well. One of my favorite sections involved the bushwhacking though the brush and coming across those old glass pits. It's always interesting to see a group of people, some who have never even talked online get along so well when there’s a common interest involved. I made a few good friends there, and look forward to future trips! Many times I go hiking to places like these solo, though now after meeting some on the trip it'll be nice to have some company to go along with and share information on the pines for some hikes. Thanks again for organizing this.

I have some pictures which I’ll be uploading in a bit. Unfortunately my flash card stopped responding after the first stop, so I only have a few.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
And now a few pictures, a few more can be found in my gallery:

IMG_2493_Large_.JPG

Mossy ruin macro
IMG_2490_Large_.JPG

Falling wall
IMG_2505_Large_1.JPG

What may have been the engine support block. Two pieces of wood would have fit into those grooves supporting the engine above.
IMG_2507_Large_.JPG

Checking out the sawmill site
IMG_2516_Large_.JPG

Partial group shot
IMG_2499_Large_.JPG

Ruins
IMG_2467-mod_Large_.jpg

Follow the leader into the woods
IMG_2473_Large_.JPG

Up the hill we go
IMG_2474_Large_.JPG

The old well
IMG_2470_Large_.JPG

Checking out the old well
IMG_2519_Large_.JPG

On the trail again

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Great pictures Grendel,I can't stop laughing at that picture of Tom. He looks like hes gonna rough up that bird if he comes out of his house. That pic of Bubba and Eric is great, they are so photogenic.

He never came out. Must have been a chicken! I'm sure Bub can't wait to see his new best friend again!