High Crossing never disappoints

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
LOL, It appears many Russians drive with dash cams. I've seen accidents, reckless driving, motorcycles, pedrestians on Youtube that would take 10 years off your life.
Someone asked a while back "what possess someone to attempt that?" My answer was "because it's there". Is there any doubt after watching this video?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I attempted a pretty red mess on Stevenson Road yesterday,not because it was there but because it was in my way and the go around would have put several more miles on me.I made it but only because I have a bad blue beast with 4 by 4 and big tires and ten inches of clearance otherwise I"d still be there.My Blue beast now has freckles.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Yep I know exactly where, just South of Long Causeway rd up that slight red clay rise. Every year as the "permafrost" thaws, I've seen many cars and 2wd trucks up to the frame. Have fun chipping that red concrete off. That would be a good spot to hide a game camera.

Reactions: manumuskin

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
That mess on Stevenson Road is no joke. I made it through one shot but slipped quite a bit on Saturday. The extra rain since last week didn't help. The woods were full of water. A ton of jeeps in Wharton on Saturday afternoon. Even saw some from a New York jeep club. They got stuck in a hole and had to winch themselves out.

Reactions: manumuskin

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
They just can't stay out of the puddles.
At 1:42 you can hear the jeep owner say he had it in gear. It didn't start when he got it out, just made a loud banging.

P1010705s.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Was this today? I was right by there for a large part of the morning. I should have stopped in.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Yes, today at 11:30.
No, he wasn't tied off. If I tried that with my TJ I would have been drug across the ground.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Is that the puddle south of high crossing. I've been meaning to head out there since they "fixed" it but haven't had a chance. I can see some work had been done.

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
Is that the puddle south of high crossing. I've been meaning to head out there since they "fixed" it but haven't had a chance. I can see some work had been done.

It is just North of the tracks on the west side of Tuckerton Road. That is Hampton Road which goes towards 206. The north side of the tracks should be about 4 more days of work and will be completed. Then the south side of High Crossing will be repaired where the BIG water holes are.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Ah. I kind of thought it might have been Hampton Road. I haven't been in the area since the work was started. I've been wanting to but every time I started out that way I would side tracked for one reason or another.

BTW on days when I head out without the top or doors on the jeep like them I avoid as much water as possible or I come home feeling like I spent all day laying on the beach with no towel:eek:

Joer4x4

Aug 7, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Few years back came across a brand new blazer stuck in the same place.
I couldn't get him out. Kept slipping on the wet sand. A pickup came along and the same result.
Brought out the heavy artiliry (Hi-Lift Jack) and finally set him free. I know he had a tough time cleaning it out.

aa022.jpg
aa022.jpg