History of NJ Cranberry industry?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This I do recall: the last stretch of sand track to the bog and river was westbound; morning sun to our backs. When we knocked off to head home we drove east, away from the river with the sun at our backs, and turned right (south) to get on the track back to the highway.

This area fits that general description, it is now part of Chips Folly campground.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Regarding the so-called "1970 Aerials", keep this in mind...

"Although identified as the 1970 Wetlands Basemaps, the aerial photographs used to generate the basemaps were actually taken in several years; 1971, 1972, and 1977."

Last edited:

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
If I were there, today, with a four-wheel drive vehicle these are the areas I’d want to investigate(decreasing in liklihood from south to north. (Old memories die hard!)

I do appreciate the efforts all of you in trying to make sense of my obviously imperfect memories!

Dave

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Sorry, I don't see any image. You need to click the "Attach Files" button below the box where you type your message. Then browse to find the image on your computer and upload it. After that, click the button to insert the full-size image in your post.

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
Sorry, Boyd,
I get image files with a line through them,I hit post reply, but nothing goes through.

what button do I click to “insert the full sized image” in my post?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
It sounds like your image is in a format that the forum software doesn't recognize, or maybe something is wrong with the file, so it is not allowing you to upload. That's why you don't see a button to insert the image.

Just hold your mouse over my name on the left side of this message and a box should open with information about me (click my name if it doesn't appear automatically). Click the button in the box that says "start conversation" and I will write you back.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
It is interesting to see the Pomona Fruit Company mentioned. Last time I read or saw that name it was in relationship to Stockton University and Lake Fred.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Dave, you can send the photo to me and I will upload it. You have my email address.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
No need to do that, here is Dave's photo. The reason he couldn't post was that it was much too big (10MB) and also 16-bit color PNG, which is not supported by the forum software.

dave.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looks like Ben will have to review the settings. The site now should support jpg, gif and png up to 16MB.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Does it support 16-bit PNG files? I have had problems with those here and on other sites.

[edit] I just tried a quick test, and the site would not accept a 2.5MB 8-bit PNG file. This is what I have seen in the past, IIRC PNG files have to be less that 1MB.

To make it simple, I just save everything as a medium-quality JPG file. Those always seem to work.

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Just tried another test, and it would not let me upload a 1.2MB PNG file. Like I said, I think PNG files have to be quite small or they won't work